Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: sansegundo on December 19, 2015, 12:34:00 pm
-
I was working on a CorelDraw 9 file. It is the plan for a house. I pressed "cut" on an item in the plan and then I pressed "save" instead of "paste" by mistake. The file locked up and closed. I have not been able to reopen it. I can see the image of first page of the file in the small "preview window" but when I try to open the file a window pops up and says "Error Reading C:\Documents and Settings\Rossetti.PABLO\Escritorio|Pablo Cas Ganja Gambrel.cdr file."
-
See if you can open an [Auto] Backup file from this location;
"C:\Documents and Settings\Rossetti.PABLO\Escritorio\AppData\Local\Temp\"
Note: AppData is usually a hidden folder; so you'll have to unhide it, first.
-
Unfortunately that means the file itself has gotten corrupted. In order to open it again normally you would need to open a backup file and then save it over the corrupted version. Since you had backup's disabled though this will not be possible. Well, at least you can try CorelDraw Recovery Toolbox, if that helps you. Perhaps some of the information be able to recover it. http://www.oemailrecovery.com/coreldraw_recovery.html
Just in case check to see if there is a .bak file under C:/Programs/Corel/Programs/Draw in my computer.
After that the next thing to try would be to find coreldrw.ini and coreldrw.cdt. Then rename them both to something like coreldrw.old and try to open the file again. If a preference is causing the problem this will fix it.
Next rename the file you are trying to open and see if it opens. If it doesn't reinstall corel draw and try opening it with a fresh installation. If it doesn't and you have draw installed on another computer see if the file gives you the same error on that computer.
Unfortunately if none of this works you will not be able to get the file back. I suggest enabling the backup feature to prevent this from ever happening again. I wish I could give you better news but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me to give you anything but the answer to your problem even if it happens to be bad news.
-
Take the recommendations on the site. http://howto.corel.com/en/c/How_To:_Recover_Corrupted_CDR_Files
I also think you can help this resource.
https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problems-with-corel-drow.1137209/