Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: nma on December 18, 2015, 02:07:27 am

Title: The last tenement
Post by: nma on December 18, 2015, 02:07:27 am
Please consider this an urban landscape. From my series, Boston after dark (BAD). The last tenement is sort of a thumb in the eye of downtown Boston, escaping redevelopment in a prime location. 

Extra credit for identifying the make, year and model of the convertible.
(https://landscape-gallery.smugmug.com/photos/i-rp4W7JR/0/M/i-rp4W7JR-M.jpg)
Title: Re: The last tenement
Post by: Richowens on December 18, 2015, 03:11:39 am

  Pontiac Bonneville 1962

  :) Rich
Title: Re: The last tenement
Post by: Tony Jay on December 18, 2015, 04:15:54 am
Please consider this an urban landscape. From my series, Boston after dark (BAD). The last tenement is sort of a thumb in the eye of downtown Boston, escaping redevelopment in a prime location. 

Extra credit for identifying the make, year and model of the convertible.
(https://landscape-gallery.smugmug.com/photos/i-rp4W7JR/0/M/i-rp4W7JR-M.jpg)
I wouldn't have a clue about the convertible but I know a good image when I see it - and this is a good image!
Fantastic is a better adjective actually.

Tony Jay
Title: Re: The last tenement
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on December 18, 2015, 04:54:13 am
Very good image.
Title: Re: The last tenement
Post by: Bob_B on December 18, 2015, 08:34:04 am
+1. Strong composition, with a very good use of color. (I plan to study it further, as I think doing so will help my photography.)
Title: Re: The last tenement
Post by: francois on December 18, 2015, 08:41:33 am
Strong, clean and well composed. I like it a lot.
Title: Re: The last tenement
Post by: Patricia Sheley on December 18, 2015, 12:43:58 pm
Don't know how many images you are working in this group, but if they are all of this quality I detect a book funding request to LL Endowment...

ps: you might think you are working at night hidden from sight, but I see you now and then!  ;)
Title: Re: The last tenement
Post by: nma on December 18, 2015, 01:25:11 pm
Don't know how many images you are working in this group, but if they are all of this quality I detect a book funding request to LL Endowment...

ps: you might think you are working at night hidden from sight, but I see you now and then!  ;)

Hello Patricia,
Thanks for your encouragement.  I like your Zakem Bridge example.  Boston after dark is an ongoing project. Everything has to be just right, not too hot, not too cold, not too wet, etc.
Title: Re: The last tenement
Post by: luxborealis on December 18, 2015, 02:42:12 pm
Please consider this an urban landscape. From my series, Boston after dark (BAD). The last tenement is sort of a thumb in the eye of downtown Boston, escaping redevelopment in a prime location. 

Extra credit for identifying the make, year and model of the convertible.
(https://landscape-gallery.smugmug.com/photos/i-rp4W7JR/0/M/i-rp4W7JR-M.jpg)

Love this photograph, although, in technology terms, it is becoming dated. It won't be long before the 5C is as "ld school" as the building despite being many generations newer!

Congratulations on a great photograph.