Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Mirrorless Cameras => Topic started by: MBehrens on December 16, 2015, 11:38:18 pm

Title: Fyji X-T1 Firmware 4.20 Released
Post by: MBehrens on December 16, 2015, 11:38:18 pm
http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/fw_table.html

Using a flashgun in Bracketing / Continuous shooting
Instant AF Setting in manual focus
AF+MF operation with AF-L button
Focus zoom in AF+MF
Additional Custom Display options
The Fn7 Button
Title: Re: Fyji X-T1 Firmware 4.20 Released
Post by: mbaginy on December 17, 2015, 06:29:34 am
Thanks for the heads-up!
Title: Re: Fyji X-T1 Firmware 4.20 Released
Post by: Rand47 on December 17, 2015, 01:17:16 pm
Finally, I can turn off that annoying "blur warning" icon - located oh, so conveniently, in the middle of the frame!   ;D

Rand
Title: Re: Fyji X-T1 Firmware 4.20 Released
Post by: rdonson on December 17, 2015, 02:33:51 pm
Finally, I can turn off that annoying "blur warning" icon - located oh, so conveniently, in the middle of the frame!   ;D

Rand

Thank you, Rand.  The first benefit of the new FW.  Now to figure out what else is useful for mr.
Title: Re: Fyji X-T1 Firmware 4.20 Released and Now Withdrawn
Post by: Chris Kern on December 22, 2015, 03:15:22 pm
Apparently Fuji discovered a bug after the release of the patch.  A new patch to revert to the previous functionality is available for X-T1s that were upgraded to 4.20: http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/firmware/x/xt1/.
Title: Re: Fyji X-T1 Firmware 4.20 Released and Now Withdrawn
Post by: mbaginy on December 22, 2015, 03:31:16 pm
Apparently Fuji discovered a bug after the release of the patch.
Bugger.
But since I never use AF-C, I think I'll keep the update and install the corrected one when available.

Thanks for the notice, Chris.
Title: Re: Fyji X-T1 Firmware 4.20 Released
Post by: MBehrens on December 22, 2015, 08:59:26 pm
When I read this I thought the same thing, rarely use AF-C and I haven't seen any issues with 4.20.

Title: Re: Fyji X-T1 Firmware 4.20 Released
Post by: Alan Smallbone on December 23, 2015, 10:26:06 am
I have not seen a problem with it either. No worries at least they offered an almost instant solution to fix it. I am still amazed at the level of commitment that Fuji has to their cameras and keeping the firmware rolling out.

Alan