Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Jens Peermann on December 16, 2015, 09:52:21 pm

Title: Danish Windmill
Post by: Jens Peermann on December 16, 2015, 09:52:21 pm
I am posting this image as a response to the discussion about my use of strong colors in my pictures, just to show that I am not shy to use pastels if appropriate.

This is a Danish windmill that is located near Solvang in Santa Barbara County, California.
Title: Re: Danish Windmill
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on December 17, 2015, 04:08:33 am
Good soft light.
Title: Re: Danish Windmill
Post by: stamper on December 17, 2015, 04:13:29 am
I much prefer your strong colours though they aren't appropriate all of the time. Personally I don't think it is soft light, just under saturated.
Title: Re: Danish Windmill
Post by: Tony Jay on December 17, 2015, 04:42:21 am
Jens this image just does not look right to me.
The previous posted image was saturated - the sky looked a bit overcooked - but to me a far better result than this one.
This one might be undersaturated but there are also issues with contrast being too low for the scene.

This is my opinion, I just wish I could have strolling along that day to see the scene with my own eyes for a better idea of what it looked like.

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Danish Windmill
Post by: Jens Peermann on December 17, 2015, 05:13:07 am
I just wish I could have strolling along that day to see the scene with my own eyes for a better idea of what it looked like.

Tony Jay

It was a foggy morning, just before sunrise.
Title: Re: Danish Windmill
Post by: Tony Jay on December 17, 2015, 05:48:27 am
OK I got it!

Tony Jay