Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: orc73 on December 15, 2015, 12:24:05 pm
-
question to those having a a7r2(and maybe c1):
how long does it take to transfer images while shooting tethered?
the sony is usb2, which in theory is about 10 times slower then usb3.
My 5dsr needs about 2 seconds per image.
So I really wonder if tethering is an option in a fashion shooting with the sony.
-
I shot a whole day tethered with my A7r2 yesterday to C1 and it's definitely slower than 2 sec, maybe 5 seconds per image. It's frustrating Sony didn't make it USB 3. I also filled the buffer a few times and had to wait until some images off loaded before I could keep shooting. But I've had that problem in the past with Canon cameras too.
-
thanks! I was hoping it could not be the limiting factor.
-
update: I just figured out as my mac pro has usb2 (usualy I shoot to the macbook ) and a usb3 pci card. So I tested both connections with my 5dsr.
Result, both need about 2 seconds to have the image appear in c1. (btw: LR is slower to my experience, but I did not test that this time)
So the USB connection indeed does not seem to be a limiting factor for tethering.
-
Sorry to revive an older thread but I was really interested in the tethering preformance of the A7rII. It's really unfortunate that it comes in at around 5 seconds. But I was also curious how the 5DSR preforms.
A 2 second lag time doesn't seem like a terribly long time, does it become a bother? And how long can you keep shooting before the buffer fills if you shoot every half second or so?
Thanks!