Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Canonshooternb on December 15, 2015, 10:59:08 am

Title: Epson P-800 display screen
Post by: Canonshooternb on December 15, 2015, 10:59:08 am
I have purchased the Epson p-800 printer and love it with the exception of one annoyance.    The lcd display on the printer is very slow to respond and slightly difficult to work with IMHO.   When I change paper sizes or format seeps to be when I have the issues
Is anyone else experiencing similar issues ?   And how did you resolve it.


Thanks Paul
Title: Re: Epson P-800 display screen
Post by: rdonson on December 15, 2015, 12:13:59 pm
It doesn't take long to get frustrated that Epson didn't spend a couple $ more on the touch screen.  It was next to impossible for me to use my finger to adjust the paper size.  My solution was to use the eraser end of a pencil.  It sounds weird but it works much better than my finger.
Title: Re: Epson P-800 display screen
Post by: howardm on December 15, 2015, 01:36:49 pm
Could Epson have put less 'energy' in to this machine update?
Title: Re: Epson P-800 display screen
Post by: rdonson on December 15, 2015, 05:36:52 pm
Not sure what you're implying.  Overall, I'm very happy with the printer.  The touch screen is a very minor annoyance.
Title: Re: Epson P-800 display screen
Post by: Canonshooternb on December 16, 2015, 10:43:52 pm
Thanks I will try using the eraser next time.  I have tried using a stylus with sporadic results

Paul
Title: Re: Epson P-800 display screen
Post by: Schewe on December 16, 2015, 11:04:17 pm
The lcd display on the printer is very slow to respond and slightly difficult to work with IMHO.

Well, I've not experienced this at all. The key is to use a light touch instead of a heavy punch. The harder you punch the LCD the less likely you will get what you want in terms of selections. I have no problems as long as I touch lightly...YMM !