Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: seamus finn on December 15, 2015, 07:23:37 am
-
This is an old bath house at Enniscrone, Sligo - unfortunately, no longer in use. Shot on Kodak Infra Red film and developed in the traditional darkroom in the bygone days.
-
The use of IR film conveys a strange feeling and the shape of the clouds also. Ghost Castle is a good title. Any thermal hot springs in the region?
-
Unusual and very eerie. You have succeeded in your endeavours. :)
-
I'm afraid not, Francois - none that I know of anyway.
-
I'm afraid not, Francois - none that I know of anyway.
Thanks for the info.
-
We have seaweed baths though - one in Enniscrone itself and another in Strandhill, Co. Sligo. Very reputable establishments.
-
Seamus...have been unable to sort why this wonderful shot keeps dragging my thoughts to the ancient rivers once flowing beneath the Mauritanian Sahara Desert. The firings within my skull of late are keeping life interesting indeed...thanks for this very cool contribution!
-
Very cool indeed. It forces my mind to make up stories to go with it, and none of the stories quite stick, just get replaced by other, fanciful ones.
Without the two sitting figures it would be much less evocative.
-
Wonderful effect!
Jeremy
-
Thanks all - comments very much appreciated. Season's greetings to all.
-
Hi Seamus -
I feel that Patricia has it about right: thoughts of Moors run rabid in the mind, which considering current politics, isn't that far removed from accuracy. But where's Errol Flynn?
Rob C