Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: churly on December 15, 2015, 05:45:10 am

Title: Low level disturbance
Post by: churly on December 15, 2015, 05:45:10 am
This is a shot from last spring from an interesting evening on Eagle Pass. 
CC welcome.
Chuck
Title: Re: Low level disturbance
Post by: Tony Jay on December 15, 2015, 06:16:40 am
Wonderful image Chuck!

I really like the patterns and texture of the image but I am also fascinated by the actual weather conditions that produced such interesting cloud formations as well.

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Low level disturbance
Post by: stamper on December 15, 2015, 06:27:11 am
Very nice and the processing is spot on. Possibly a crop at the top but it is fine as it is.
Title: Re: Low level disturbance
Post by: DaveRichardson on December 15, 2015, 06:27:59 am
I love it. Wouldn't change it at all  :)

Dave
Title: Re: Low level disturbance
Post by: francois on December 15, 2015, 07:33:46 am
I would also leave it as it is… The color of the top of the frame goes so well with the orange of the lower clouds.
Title: Re: Low level disturbance
Post by: Jens Peermann on December 15, 2015, 08:22:05 am
Nothing like a good Storm over the desert. A very powerful image. :)
Title: Re: Low level disturbance
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 15, 2015, 09:27:15 am
Excellent, exactly as it is!
Title: Re: Low level disturbance
Post by: thierrylegros396 on December 15, 2015, 11:50:06 am
I love it. Wouldn't change it at all  :)

Dave

No changes needed for me too!

Thierry
Title: Re: Low level disturbance
Post by: churly on December 15, 2015, 06:31:15 pm
Thanks to all of you for your comments.  I'm glad this one kind of turned out.  The conditions were pretty tough with a high wind, high contrast and ISO 1000 on a crop sensor so there are some technical flaws but it is an interesting subject.
Chuck
Title: Re: Low level disturbance
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on December 16, 2015, 04:18:10 am
Well done.
Title: Re: Low level disturbance
Post by: Bob_B on December 16, 2015, 09:25:10 am
Awe inspiring! I hesitated to offer a comment despite revisiting your photo several times (for fear of simply duplicating what the accolades of others), but those undulating lines and pastels just keeping pulling me back for another view.
Title: Re: Low level disturbance - added a companion image
Post by: churly on December 18, 2015, 05:16:35 pm
Here is another shot from the same evening. This is obviously all about clouds and light.  The range of colors in the sky and clouds is unusual but like I said before it was an interesting evening.
CC welcome. I am always interesting in learning.
Chuck
Title: Re: Low level disturbance
Post by: brandtb on December 18, 2015, 05:54:26 pm
Chuck - This last shot is a much much stronger image compositionally...the shapes of clouds and color are great, even though the colors and tone were nice in the first sometimes those things in and of themselves simply aren't enough. In this last image I would have liked to see a little more than the sliver of "ground" at bottom though. /B
Title: Re: Low level disturbance - added a companion image
Post by: Tony Jay on December 18, 2015, 06:09:19 pm
Here is another shot from the same evening. This is obviously all about clouds and light.  The range of colors in the sky and clouds is unusual but like I said before it was an interesting evening.
CC welcome. I am always interesting in learning.
Chuck
Also a great result!

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Low level disturbance
Post by: churly on December 19, 2015, 12:01:33 pm
Understood Brandt.  Thanks.
Thanks Tony.
Chuck