Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: KMRennie on December 12, 2015, 11:55:36 am

Title: Into the wilderness
Post by: KMRennie on December 12, 2015, 11:55:36 am
Shot in Jan this year in Borrowdale in the English Lake District. It is very difficult to get here at the moment with landslides and flooding. I am still trying to get the hang of telephoto landscapes but like the way it compresses distances and makes the hills behind the walker seem oppressively close. This is taken with a Fuji XE-1 and 55-230mm @230mm. I hope that the rain stops and the flooding subsides for the sake of the locals who have had their third one in a hundred year event in the last eleven years.
Ken
Title: Re: Into the wilderness
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on December 12, 2015, 01:08:15 pm
I like it, a lot, and I think the human figure give it a lot of meaning.
For my personal taste (or maybe because I'm watching it on my mobile) I would go for a more panoramic crop: right now it gives me a sense of stall, with a panoramic crop it would be more on the "momentary stillness due to contemplation"
Title: Re: Into the wilderness
Post by: RSL on December 12, 2015, 02:12:37 pm
Very nice, Ken.
Title: Re: Into the wilderness
Post by: francois on December 13, 2015, 12:47:03 pm
I like it a lot and the silhouette makes it even better.