Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: mseawell on December 12, 2015, 09:53:28 am

Title: Silent light
Post by: mseawell on December 12, 2015, 09:53:28 am
A moment in time at Antelope Island. Dark, moody clouds hanging around as the bison graze before winter sets in. I watch and take a moment to realize how peaceful it all is. Silent light.

Mark
Title: Re: Silent light
Post by: David Eckels on December 12, 2015, 10:06:29 am
Love it! Nice rendering. Reminds me how often I would look out at Antelope Island from our house on the upper bench in SLC and watch how the light would change moment by moment, day by day. I have some that might benefit from a B&W PP, too. Thanks for sharing it, Mark.
Title: Re: Silent light
Post by: mseawell on December 12, 2015, 10:23:55 am
Cheers! It was really moody out there last Sunday. Caught some decent conditions.

Mark
Title: Re: Silent light
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 12, 2015, 11:47:21 am
Mark,

You do have a way of capturing magic light in your photographs. Thanks for sharing them.

Eric
Title: Re: Silent light
Post by: DaveRichardson on December 12, 2015, 12:05:38 pm
True magic  :D

I also think the top 2 thirds work well as a panorama - cropped about a third of the way up just below the line of bushes.

Dave
Title: Re: Silent light
Post by: mseawell on December 12, 2015, 12:11:06 pm
Thanks for the comments. Dave, I think you could indeed make this a panoramic, no doubt.

Mark
Title: Re: Silent light
Post by: graeme on December 12, 2015, 09:19:14 pm
Great stuff.
Title: Re: Silent light
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on December 12, 2015, 10:39:40 pm
Couldn't see it whole, without scrolling, this morning on my iPad. Looks great now on my desktop computer.
Title: Re: Silent light
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on December 13, 2015, 05:20:31 am
True magic  :D

I also think the top 2 thirds work well as a panorama - cropped about a third of the way up just below the line of bushes.

I agree, though I might keep just the top half. The foreground is uninteresting, compared to the mountains.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Silent light
Post by: marcgoldring on December 13, 2015, 06:10:07 am
Very moving, such a sense of place. Makes me wonder about having settled in the tight spaces of New England.

Marco
Title: Re: Silent light
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on December 14, 2015, 04:07:45 am
I like the alternating bands of dark & light.