Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: OLI on December 12, 2015, 09:50:41 am

Title: Colornavigator and Spyder5Elite Software simultaneously?
Post by: OLI on December 12, 2015, 09:50:41 am
Hi,

I am a longtime reader in this forum, but being a hobbyist photographer I have never really had the courage to participate in the forum with all this experts  ;)

But now I have a question and I am sure to get an answer here: I have two monitors, an iMac 5k and an Eizo CS 240, which is plugged to the iMac. The Eizo is calibrated with its own Software Colornavigator 6 and the spyder5 sensor (where the profile is written in its intern LUT as much as I understand...). Is it possible, to calibrate the the iMac with the spyder5elite-Software (where the profile works with the iMacs graphic card, yes?), without affecting the two profiles each other? Or is the profile for the iMac influencing the Eizo Monitor also?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards from Bern, Switzerland.

Oliver
Title: Re: Colornavigator and Spyder5Elite Software simultaneously?
Post by: digitaldog on December 12, 2015, 10:30:00 am
Is it possible, to calibrate the the iMac with the spyder5elite-Software (where the profile works with the iMacs graphic card, yes?), without affecting the two profiles each other?
Yes, should be no problem.
Title: Re: Colornavigator and Spyder5Elite Software simultaneously?
Post by: OLI on December 12, 2015, 11:14:06 am
Thanks digital dog for your quick reply!
Title: Re: Colornavigator and Spyder5Elite Software simultaneously?
Post by: howardm on December 12, 2015, 12:13:34 pm
I do something similar w/ an older iMac and a NEC PA.  Same sensor, different software for each display.  No problem.