Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Slobodan Blagojevic on December 11, 2015, 08:19:51 pm

Title: Shortlisted in the B+W Photographer of the Year
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on December 11, 2015, 08:19:51 pm
Three of my architectural photographs were shortlisted as a series in the British magazine Black+White Photography for their B+W Photographer of they Year:

http://www.slobodanblagojevic.com/blog

Title: Re: Shortlisted in the B+W Photographer of the Year
Post by: churly on December 11, 2015, 08:37:39 pm
Congrats!  Great work. You are on a roll. 
Chuck
Title: Re: Shortlisted in the B+W Photographer of the Year
Post by: Tony Jay on December 11, 2015, 09:40:46 pm
Well done Slobodan!

Viewing your work hals always given me much pleasure and interest - it is nice to see you getting such recognition.

Congratulations

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Shortlisted in the B+W Photographer of the Year
Post by: Alan Klein on December 11, 2015, 10:36:43 pm
Congrats.  Well done.
Title: Re: Shortlisted in the B+W Photographer of the Year
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 11, 2015, 10:47:36 pm
That's really great, Slobodan! Congrats!

And to think: You did it all without my help.   :D

Eric
Title: Re: Shortlisted in the B+W Photographer of the Year
Post by: johnnycash on December 11, 2015, 11:02:30 pm
Congratulations
Title: Re: Shortlisted in the B+W Photographer of the Year
Post by: drmike on December 12, 2015, 02:21:51 am
Well done, they are excellent shots.
Title: Re: Shortlisted in the B+W Photographer of the Year
Post by: mbaginy on December 12, 2015, 02:36:53 am
Congratulations!  Well deserved recognition.
Title: Re: Shortlisted in the B+W Photographer of the Year
Post by: Chairman Bill on December 12, 2015, 03:44:18 am
Congrats
Title: Re: Shortlisted in the B+W Photographer of the Year
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on December 12, 2015, 04:51:56 am
Richly deserved. When do you hear the result?

Jeremy
Title: Re: Shortlisted in the B+W Photographer of the Year
Post by: brianrybolt on December 12, 2015, 06:51:17 am
Great images.  I'de love to see them larger.
Brian
Title: Re: Shortlisted in the B+W Photographer of the Year
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on December 12, 2015, 09:20:07 am
Great images.  I'de love to see them larger.
Brian

Thanks, Brian. You can see larger ones on my website: Portfolio > Black & White
Title: Re: Shortlisted in the B+W Photographer of the Year
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on December 12, 2015, 09:28:23 am
Richly deserved. When do you hear the result?

Thanks. Apparently, the results are out, but only the first place was announced online, on their Facebook page. The rest are inside their magazine (the issue has the NY Flatiron building on the cover), which, unfortunately, I couldn't find in my local Barnes & Noble bookshops. One thing I know for sure, I didn't win the first prize, which was a Leica Monochrom :'(
Title: Re: Shortlisted in the B+W Photographer of the Year
Post by: RSL on December 12, 2015, 02:11:30 pm
Bravo, Slobodan. Keep up the good work.
Title: Re: Shortlisted in the B+W Photographer of the Year
Post by: fdisilvestro on December 13, 2015, 02:12:25 am
Congratulations, those are great images.
Title: Re: Shortlisted in the B+W Photographer of the Year
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on December 13, 2015, 05:18:04 am
Thanks. Apparently, the results are out, but only the first place was announced online, on their Facebook page. The rest are inside their magazine (the issue has the NY Flatiron building on the cover), which, unfortunately, I couldn't find in my local Barnes & Noble bookshops. One thing I know for sure, I didn't win the first prize, which was a Leica Monochrom :'(

Shame  :(

Next time I'm in a decent-sized newsagent, I'll have a look.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Shortlisted in the B+W Photographer of the Year
Post by: brianrybolt on December 13, 2015, 05:44:00 am
Thanks, Brian. You can see larger ones on my website: Portfolio > Black & White

Thanks,  the pics look excellent and equally so in color. 

Brian
Title: Re: Shortlisted in the B+W Photographer of the Year
Post by: David Eckels on December 13, 2015, 10:33:11 am
Let me add my kudos as well. Richly deserved and a tribute to all the teaching you do here in LuLa land!
Title: Re: Shortlisted in the B+W Photographer of the Year
Post by: Peter McLennan on December 13, 2015, 11:40:30 am
YAY!  Great work, Slobodan.  Well-deserved recognition.
Title: Re: Shortlisted in the B+W Photographer of the Year
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on December 14, 2015, 01:53:41 pm
Ok, found the list of winners online:

http://bpoty.com/pages/2015%2Bwinners/

 Unfortunately, just 1st places, without even runner ups. I guess street photographers must be happy with the selection.

Title: Re: Shortlisted in the B+W Photographer of the Year
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 14, 2015, 06:15:44 pm
Ok, found the list of winners online:

http://bpoty.com/pages/2015%2Bwinners/

 Unfortunately, just 1st places, without even runner ups. I guess street photographers must be happy with the selection.
I'd vote for yours over any of the first-place winners.