Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Bruce Cox on December 11, 2015, 03:04:07 pm

Title: Yard Art
Post by: Bruce Cox on December 11, 2015, 03:04:07 pm
And or black and white? 

Then after Diego made his comments, my brother, David, said they should be blacker and I made them darker.

Though I readily saw that Stamper was right about the street light, it took me much longer to see kikashi was right too about cropping the right, because it meant changing from trees vs lights to lights and trees vs the dark.

Anyway, I am posting a new B&W.
Title: Re: Yard Art
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on December 11, 2015, 07:20:41 pm
I like better the B/W versione: IHMO the colors in the first image are both distracting and "looking wrong".
The monochrome one looks much more moody so it speaks louder to me.
Title: Re: Yard Art
Post by: stamper on December 12, 2015, 05:36:46 am
In the first image the lamp post detracts otherwise the colour version is best imo. The B&W is also worthy.
Title: Re: Yard Art
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on December 12, 2015, 01:14:34 pm
I vote for the monochrome, but you need to do something about the streetlight. I think it would be better with some of the right-hand end cropped off as well.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Yard Art
Post by: John R on December 12, 2015, 01:42:35 pm
I like the composition and the scene.

JR
Title: Re: Yard Art
Post by: Bruce Cox on December 13, 2015, 04:03:18 pm
I want to have it both ways.