Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: mhayes5254 on December 09, 2015, 11:29:58 pm
-
I am having a problem with printing an image to the Epson luster paper. In the lighter part of the blue sky transition, I am getting the mottled sky shown in the link below. It is fine on screen, hot press mat, and Epson fiber. Similar images were also printing ok on the Luster. This is a raw file from a D800 with minimal LR processing.
I have not seen this before. Any ideas on what is going on?
corner of print (http://www.mhayes.us/temp/01-DSC01286.jpg)
LR export
original cropped (http://www.mhayes.us/temp/01-Manzanar-9639.jpg)
-
Have you tried a nozzle check?
-
At a guess I'd say it's overinking. Check you've got the correct setting for that paper.
-
looks like there are several possible culprits here.
some posterization
aggressive gamut remapping (the blue->purple problem) (maybe try different rendering intent)
have you tried printing Andrew's Printer Gamut test file?
-
Thanks to all for the suggestions. I think Stephen has it. I cannot check what profile I used before but went back and made sure I had the correct one this time. It is working now. I had done a nozzle clean cycle, check and head alignment when I first saw it. also, there was little processing done on the image so the various possibilities that suggest s were not likely. Going to have to think about using Saved prints more often in LR.
Thanks again.