Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on December 08, 2015, 12:08:55 am

Title: But Tomorrow May Rain, So I'll Follow the Sun
Post by: Chris Calohan on December 08, 2015, 12:08:55 am
Great Egret
Title: Re: But Tomorrow May Rain, So I'll Follow the Sun
Post by: francois on December 08, 2015, 02:35:54 am
Great capture and the expression of the egret makes it a bit special for me. The light is also pleasant.
Title: Re: But Tomorrow May Rain, So I'll Follow the Sun
Post by: SanderKikkert on December 08, 2015, 05:54:13 am
Really nice, caught a the right moment, colour is super and the reflection of the sunlight hitting the wavepatterns reflecting on the inside of the left wing and other parts of the egret are a glorious detail. Cheers, Sander
Title: Re: But Tomorrow May Rain, So I'll Follow the Sun
Post by: stamper on December 08, 2015, 06:21:19 am
A very fine image. Sander summed it up nicely.
Title: Re: But Tomorrow May Rain, So I'll Follow the Sun
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 08, 2015, 09:16:28 am
Yes, I'll have to agree: That egret is "great."   ;)
Title: Re: But Tomorrow May Rain, So I'll Follow the Sun
Post by: Bob_B on December 08, 2015, 09:40:43 am
Yes to what Sander said, especially about the sublime reflections and pattern on the water. Nice!
Title: Re: But Tomorrow May Rain, So I'll Follow the Sun
Post by: sdwilsonsct on December 08, 2015, 10:08:18 am
Great job!
Title: Re: But Tomorrow May Rain, So I'll Follow the Sun
Post by: Chris Calohan on December 08, 2015, 10:57:37 am
Thanks all. I thought it was just going to be another "Egret" shot but when he turned back into the sun, I followed it until I could get a nice bit of reflection. He just got too low to the water to get a full body reflection.
Title: Re: But Tomorrow May Rain, So I'll Follow the Sun
Post by: John R on December 08, 2015, 12:58:16 pm
I can't believe you left out that intriguing reflection...

JR
Title: Re: But Tomorrow May Rain, So I'll Follow the Sun
Post by: Colorado David on December 08, 2015, 01:10:16 pm
One problem in photographing large birds is getting any bit of light up under the wings.  I have a friend who always looks for fresh snow to photograph eagles.  In your case, you've done a great job of getting light under the wings using the reflection from the water.  Excellent work.  Is this your 200-500 f/5.6?
Title: Re: But Tomorrow May Rain, So I'll Follow the Sun
Post by: Chris Calohan on December 08, 2015, 02:44:08 pm
It is the 200-500. It's a great piece of glass but takes some getting used to. I do a bit of manual focus override to get the lock I want and from there on, it's first class.
Title: Re: But Tomorrow May Rain, So I'll Follow the Sun
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on December 09, 2015, 06:07:40 am
Wonderful light and movement. But I agree with John R. above, including the reflection would have been amazing. A different photo though...