Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on December 06, 2015, 02:44:44 pm

Title: Forster's Tern Shaking Off a Miss
Post by: Chris Calohan on December 06, 2015, 02:44:44 pm
One of my better birding catches for this year.
Title: Re: Forster's Tern Shaking Off a Miss
Post by: Jens Peermann on December 06, 2015, 11:50:39 pm
Great capture and, yeah, they really like doing that.
Title: Re: Forster's Tern Shaking Off a Miss
Post by: Chris Calohan on December 07, 2015, 09:16:09 am
Thanks, Jens. Few people (except birders) realize what a difficult shot these guys make. This will always be more of a Landscape site than a Nature site but I'll keep tossing in some birds for good luck to the Nature side :-)
Title: Re: Forster's Tern Shaking Off a Miss
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on December 14, 2015, 04:08:37 am
Nice.
Title: Re: Forster's Tern Shaking Off a Miss
Post by: stamper on December 14, 2015, 06:24:30 am
I can see why you are pleased with your efforts. Well done! I don't have the patience for this type of photography, but I appreciate other photographers efforts.
Title: Re: Forster's Tern Shaking Off a Miss
Post by: Chris Calohan on December 14, 2015, 07:29:51 am
Patience is not one of my forte's either but these birds, like Black Skimmers and many Flycatchers fly patterns. Once you get into their pattern, you can cut the patience factor in half...still, not at all an easy shot.