Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Mike Guilbault on December 05, 2015, 02:37:05 pm

Title: HELP! Liquify is screwing up in the latest PS update
Post by: Mike Guilbault on December 05, 2015, 02:37:05 pm
I installed the new update a few days ago, and now, whenever I use the liquify filter, I get a colour distorted rectangle wherever and including any adjustments I've made.  Hard to explain, but here's a screen capture of the area I'm talking about. any ideas?
Title: Re: HELP! Liquify is screwing up in the latest PS update
Post by: Mike Guilbault on December 05, 2015, 02:39:57 pm
Never mind... found the answer but leaving this up in case anyone else runs across this known bug:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2026867?q=Liquify
Title: Re: HELP! Liquify is screwing up in the latest PS update
Post by: nemophoto on December 07, 2015, 12:14:59 pm
I just discovered this issue as well, and was about to post when I saw your post. Figures that they would "break" something when rolling out a new version. The issue I have with the CC versions is that Adobe seems to be under pressure to release stuff, even when not necessary -- when everything is working fine for a change. But with CC, they feel obligated to release bells & whistles, because that's what they promised to lure folks over to the subscription base.

Thanks for finding the temporary fix.
Title: Re: HELP! Liquify is screwing up in the latest PS update
Post by: wmchauncey on December 09, 2015, 11:13:15 am
I use liquefy a lot...any idea on when it will be fixed?
Title: Re: HELP! Liquify is screwing up in the latest PS update
Post by: nemophoto on December 09, 2015, 03:41:45 pm
I use liquefy a lot...any idea on when it will be fixed?

Knowing Adobe's glacial pace for fixing some other bugs, I would think anytime terribly soon. If you haven't updated CC, I don't see much to warrant doing so. More visual bells and whistles than actual improvements, IMHO.
Title: Re: HELP! Liquify is screwing up in the latest PS update
Post by: Wolfman on December 10, 2015, 03:58:18 pm
there is now an update that fixes the problem: http://briansmith.com/adobe-camera-raw-9-3-1-update/
Title: Re: HELP! Liquify is screwing up in the latest PS update
Post by: wmchauncey on December 10, 2015, 05:42:26 pm
Just now updated PS 2015...the "fix" failed to work.
Title: Re: HELP! Liquify is screwing up in the latest PS update
Post by: howardm on December 16, 2015, 06:47:12 am
Today Adobe released Photoshop CC 2015 update version 2015.1.1 (Mac and Windows) to address several workflow issues including:

Liquify lightens result on 16 bit/channel images
Freeze/crash using Liquify in CPU mode
Drag and drop from AI to PS no longer create Smart Object (Mac only)
Using control/command to switch to Move tool invokes auto-select
Align to selection doesn’t work with Artboards
Running Photoshop on 5K monitor at 200% results in black bar across the top of the app
Double clicking to open a document results in workspace set to Start instead of Essentials
Fixed top crashing issues submitted via crash reporter