Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: GrahamBy on December 05, 2015, 08:07:00 am
-
I've been using the manufacturer profile to print on Lumière Brilliant RC with a Pixma Pro 100, and the results have been mostly fine... admittedly I print mostly B&W, but the few colour prints I'd done looked ok.
Then I printed a photo of a peach. Below is the manufacturer profile vs a custom spyder4print version. The colour has been distorted again by re-photographing with my phone, but you can see how enormous the difference is. Surprising, no?
-
Please tell me that the one on the left is the Spyder. On my uncal'd MBA screen, that looks awful, like a pomegranate rose/ruby.
I dont think you'll find a lot of love here for most Spyder products.
-
The one on the left is manufacturer. The Spyder verson on the right, on the print, is pretty close. So while some here don't much like the Spyder, in this case it is certainly doing way, way better than nothing.
-
Wow, surprise for the day.
-
Interesting: I found there was an updated version of the Canon PrintStudioPro plug-in and drivers. Downloaded and installed, and suddenly the manufacturer supplied profiles are working much, much better, while the profile I made with the older software now prints too yellow. The supplied profiles are now good enough that I haven't attempted to make my own... but then I print 90% B&W.
There may have been a problem with the earlier drivers correctly handling 3rd party ICC's ? Anyway, now life is easy :-)
-
Perhaps the mfgr profiles were V4 instead of V2. There seems to be a lot of woe when using a V4.