Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Capture One Q&A => Topic started by: Spinosaurus on December 04, 2015, 11:49:35 pm
-
I tired searching for this topic but maybe chose the wrong words. I download my photos into folders by date and subject onto the computer. I then import these into C1 Pro or Lightroom. In Lightroom I can select multiple folders by holding down the shift key and clicking on a range of folders. This doesn't work in C1 Pro. Is there a different keyboard shortcut or is it just not possible to import multiple folders at the same time.
Thanks.
-
I tired searching for this topic but maybe chose the wrong words. I download my photos into folders by date and subject onto the computer. I then import these into C1 Pro or Lightroom. In Lightroom I can select multiple folders by holding down the shift key and clicking on a range of folders. This doesn't work in C1 Pro. Is there a different keyboard shortcut or is it just not possible to import multiple folders at the same time.
Hi,
I think it depends a bit on your folder structure. "Import" can import from pre-existing folders and include their subfolders if you select that, but that obviously only works for hierarchical structures, not completely disconnected folders/subjects (unless you go to the highest image hierarchy level, and use advanced search criteria to limit the number of files to choose from).
Cheers,
Bart
-
I tired searching for this topic but maybe chose the wrong words. I download my photos into folders by date and subject onto the computer. I then import these into C1 Pro or Lightroom. In Lightroom I can select multiple folders by holding down the shift key and clicking on a range of folders. This doesn't work in C1 Pro. Is there a different keyboard shortcut or is it just not possible to import multiple folders at the same time.
Thanks.
Why not let capture one sort them into date folders on import... And save yourself the trouble? ;)
-
Thank you for the input. One problem I have not solved is that I use both Lightroom and C1 as presently I only use C1 for my Sony, because it's RAW conversion is much more pleasant to me. I will work on a better folder structure that should allow me to use either engine without problems. I am really considering totally migrating to C1 completely as I am not at all a fan of the lease situation Adobe moved to. It is likely no more expensive than buying updates used to be but it is irksome to me.