Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: dgberg on December 04, 2015, 11:02:29 am

Title: Downloaded Hahnemuhle profiles for Epson P-800 will not show up in Lightroom.
Post by: dgberg on December 04, 2015, 11:02:29 am
I know how to do this at least I have done it over a 100 times in the past.
Downloaded the proper Hahnemuhle profiles I need from there website.
Drug them to Library/ColorSync/Profiles and they are in the proper Profile folder.
Went back to Lightroom clicked on Other so that I could check the proper boxes so they will show up in my everyday list and none of them are there. Tried rebooting Lightroom (CC) and my Mac Pro. (10.10.3)
None of the HFA profiles show up on the Lightroom choose list but they are in the Profile folder.
Any ideas?
Title: Re: Downloaded Hahnemuhle profiles for Epson P-800 will not show up in Lightroom.
Post by: Wayne Fox on December 04, 2015, 01:02:33 pm
strange one.  Just tried it to see if the profiles had an issue, but worked fine on my Mac.

Can you see them in Colorsync utility? 
Title: Re: Downloaded Hahnemuhle profiles for Epson P-800 will not show up in Lightroom.
Post by: howardm on December 04, 2015, 01:11:41 pm
open one or more of the profiles in Colorsync Utility and verify the 'desc' tag field.

do a cmd-I on the profiles in the .../ColorSync/Profiles directory and make sure you have 'read' rights
Title: Re: Downloaded Hahnemuhle profiles for Epson P-800 will not show up in Lightroom.
Post by: dgberg on December 04, 2015, 01:52:03 pm
It says read and write.
Yes you can see them in ColorSync and they all seem to open up properly.
Dumped them all and reloaded new ones and still the same thing, nothing.
Not quite sure what to look for under 'desc' Shows name size, etc.
Title: Re: Downloaded Hahnemuhle profiles for Epson P-800 will not show up in Lightroom.
Post by: howardm on December 04, 2015, 02:34:00 pm
recall that the profile has 2 names:  the actual filename you see in Finder and whatever text is in the 'desc' tag field.

Some apps (who remembers which) use one while others use the other.  It's not beyond possibility that the desc field is used and it's not what you're expecting to see in the Other.. list (basically hiding in plain sight).
Title: Re: Downloaded Hahnemuhle profiles for Epson P-800 will not show up in Lightroom.
Post by: Wayne Fox on December 04, 2015, 03:25:17 pm
Here’s what I’m seeing in LR ...

Title: Re: Downloaded Hahnemuhle profiles for Epson P-800 will not show up in Lightroom.
Post by: dgberg on December 04, 2015, 09:49:59 pm
Just went through the whole process on my Mac Book Pro and it works perfectly.
Will try dumping all the drivers and downloading new profiles to see if I can get them to stick.
Thanks Wayne and Howard
Title: Re: Downloaded Hahnemuhle profiles for Epson P-800 will not show up in Lightroom.
Post by: na goodman on December 04, 2015, 10:54:37 pm
So, are you saying it works on your Macbook Pro but your desktop Mac doesn't show them in LR?
Title: Re: Downloaded Hahnemuhle profiles for Epson P-800 will not show up in Lightroom.
Post by: Rand47 on December 05, 2015, 12:54:35 am
I know how to do this at least I have done it over a 100 times in the past.
Downloaded the proper Hahnemuhle profiles I need from there website.
Drug them to Library/ColorSync/Profiles and they are in the proper Profile folder.
Went back to Lightroom clicked on Other so that I could check the proper boxes so they will show up in my everyday list and none of them are there. Tried rebooting Lightroom (CC) and my Mac Pro. (10.10.3)
None of the HFA profiles show up on the Lightroom choose list but they are in the Profile folder.
Any ideas?

Dan,

This is probably a big "of course, you dummy" - but did you close and reopen Lightroom after installing the profiles?  It won't see them otherwise.

Rand
Title: Re: Downloaded Hahnemuhle profiles for Epson P-800 will not show up in Lightroom.
Post by: dgberg on December 05, 2015, 08:28:25 am
Yes in the first post I stated that I rebooted Lightroom plus the computer.
Yes they work on my Macbook Pro but not my Mac Pro.
Tried it again this morning and still nothing.

By the way I did a dozen prints last night with the Epson Exhibition fiber profile and the prints looked great.
Title: Re: Downloaded Hahnemuhle profiles for Epson P-800 will not show up in Lightroom.
Post by: howardm on December 05, 2015, 08:39:05 am
And it's just the Hahn. profiles that are invisible, not other 3rd party (ala Canson, Moab, etc) that are MIA?
Title: Re: Downloaded Hahnemuhle profiles for Epson P-800 will not show up in Lightroom.
Post by: na goodman on December 05, 2015, 09:47:14 am
Why don't you try repairing permissions on the MacPro. Also, do they show up in Photoshop?
Title: Re: Downloaded Hahnemuhle profiles for Epson P-800 will not show up in Lightroom.
Post by: digitaldog on December 05, 2015, 10:18:00 am
Could be the ColorSync cache which you can delete:
http://www.cnet.com/news/how-to-make-colorsync-profiles-stick-in-os-x/ (http://www.cnet.com/news/how-to-make-colorsync-profiles-stick-in-os-x/)


http://lists.apple.com/archives/colorsync-users/2010/Aug/msg00066.html
Title: Re: Downloaded Hahnemuhle profiles for Epson P-800 will not show up in Lightroom.
Post by: dgberg on December 06, 2015, 01:59:04 pm
Thanks all.
Am stuck in a flight simulator in Orlando until Thursday.
Will follow up then.