Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: MattBurt on December 03, 2015, 12:59:05 pm
-
My employer is based in Taos, NM and I telecommute from South/central Colorado. I make a few trips down a year and we just had our holiday party on Tuesday so I made a quick overnight trip with my family to attend. It's about a four hour drive but we took some diversions on the way home and I managed to snap a few photos along the way.
Here's Taos from the little camera
KS-2 & DA 40/2.8 Limited
(https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5720/23089027249_79338e2a7f_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/BbiioH)IMGP4222-Edit.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/BbiioH) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
Taos Gorge from the bridge
645D & A 45/2.8
(https://farm1.staticflickr.com/646/23459850236_5666f7cce2_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/BK4S9u)IMGP0351-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/BK4S9u) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
Highway 285 near Ojo Caliente, NM
645D & A 200/4
(https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5800/23403489871_36102309fe_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/BE61b4)IMGP0362 (https://flic.kr/p/BE61b4) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
Sangre de Cristo range from near Antonito, Co
645D & A 200/4
(https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5740/23118004829_c450f174a1_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/BdRPqa)IMGP0372-Edit-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/BdRPqa) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
-
Beautiful work, Matt.
-
Time very well spent! I love the last one.
-
Nice stuff, especially the last one.
-
Thanks for the comments!
I felt like I was never in the perfect scene and light combination but then looking at the photos they came out better than I initially feared. Especially the gorge which was right around noon. Glad I stopped and shot even if it wasn't perfect. I still wish I had better light for the highway shot but he mission that day was to get home, not wait for the best light.
-
Nice stuff, especially the last one.
+1.
-
Thanks for the comments!
I felt like I was never in the perfect scene and light combination but then looking at the photos they came out better than I initially feared. Especially the gorge which was right around noon. Glad I stopped and shot even if it wasn't perfect. I still wish I had better light for the highway shot but he mission that day was to get home, not wait for the best light.
Love these shots - I have several similar attempts from what look like the same locations :) The gorge is a bear to shoot. The narrowness and the depth and the brightness of the light combine to make things...difficult. Nicely done.
-
Love these shots - I have several similar attempts from what look like the same locations :) The gorge is a bear to shoot. The narrowness and the depth and the brightness of the light combine to make things...difficult. Nicely done.
Thanks! I have made many attempts before too. With mixed results. The 645D has an impressive dynamic range for pulling shadow detail back so that helped! I also blew out the sky a little but the B&W conversion helps there.