Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Mirrorless Cameras => Topic started by: Paul2660 on December 02, 2015, 09:00:35 pm

Title: Fuji X-T1 OIS exif tag question
Post by: Paul2660 on December 02, 2015, 09:00:35 pm
Does anyone know if there is a exif tag in the Fuji raw file that shows if OIS was on or off?  I have looked with a few exif tools, but can't find a tag.

Thanks in advance.

Paul
Title: Re: Fuji X-T1 OIS exif tag question
Post by: armand on December 02, 2015, 09:29:27 pm
While I wasn't particularly looking for it so far I have seen none.
Title: Re: Fuji X-T1 OIS exif tag question
Post by: Chris Kern on December 02, 2015, 11:03:28 pm
Does anyone know if there is a exif tag in the Fuji raw file that shows if OIS was on or off?

Yes:

Image Stabilization             : Optical; On (mode 1, continuous); 0

(From Phil Harvey's exiftool.)
Title: Re: Fuji X-T1 OIS exif tag question
Post by: Paul2660 on December 03, 2015, 06:51:41 am
Yes:

Image Stabilization             : Optical; On (mode 1, continuous); 0

(From Phil Harvey's exiftool.)

Thanks Chris. I have download Ed exiftool.

Paul
Title: Re: Fuji X-T1 OIS exif tag question
Post by: Paul2660 on December 03, 2015, 09:55:17 am
Chris, exiftool is great.

I found the gui and love it.   

Paul C
Title: Re: Fuji X-T1 OIS exif tag question
Post by: Chris Kern on December 03, 2015, 01:46:39 pm
Chris, exiftool is great.

It is, indeed.  I've been using it for many years.  In addition to viewing metadata, it offers some very versatile options for manipulating them, especially when you need to change many files in a systematic manner.  (Some scripting is required to fully exploit that capability, however.)