Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Mjollnir on December 02, 2015, 08:06:35 pm

Title: Thanksgiving Morning #2, Yosemite Valley
Post by: Mjollnir on December 02, 2015, 08:06:35 pm
(https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5763/22842785603_859958657d_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/ANxfk6)Morning, Merced River #2 (https://flic.kr/p/ANxfk6) by tanngrisnir3 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/87368247@N00/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Thanksgiving Morning #2, Yosemite Valley
Post by: Patricia Sheley on December 02, 2015, 08:31:40 pm
...Thanksgiving? giving thanks!!! The Raptures! A remarkable day for you...
Title: Re: Thanksgiving Morning #2, Yosemite Valley
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on December 02, 2015, 09:32:12 pm
Tapestry.
Title: Re: Thanksgiving Morning #2, Yosemite Valley
Post by: Patricia Sheley on December 02, 2015, 09:51:06 pm
Like that thought a good deal Slobodan. If he is withholding two or three more what splendid hangings in a Grand Hall they would make! The Merced River Mjollnir Tapestries.
Title: Re: Thanksgiving Morning #2, Yosemite Valley
Post by: Mjollnir on December 02, 2015, 10:27:34 pm
Thanks, everyone.  At first I didn't think I'd get anything out of a two hour trip, and then when I started looking more closely at this one, I just felt it was too "Thomas Kinkadian", but my wife peeked over my shoulder and liked it.

And she HATES Kinkade.
Title: Re: Thanksgiving Morning #2, Yosemite Valley
Post by: sierraman on December 02, 2015, 10:38:22 pm
Very nice!  :)
Title: Re: Thanksgiving Morning #2, Yosemite Valley
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 03, 2015, 12:10:56 am
Slobodan and Patricia have said it well. A wonderful tapestry.

I do hope you can post another one or two from that two-hour trip.
Title: Re: Thanksgiving Morning #2, Yosemite Valley
Post by: mseawell on December 03, 2015, 12:40:31 am
I like it. Simple and good. I think it would look good as a mono but that is just me.

Mark
Title: Re: Thanksgiving Morning #2, Yosemite Valley
Post by: mbaginy on December 03, 2015, 01:02:46 am
Beautiful!!
Title: Re: Thanksgiving Morning #2, Yosemite Valley
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on December 03, 2015, 04:01:51 am
Excellent stuff.
Title: Re: Thanksgiving Morning #2, Yosemite Valley
Post by: stamper on December 03, 2015, 06:16:53 am
Very nice! Well worth the effort.
Title: Re: Thanksgiving Morning #2, Yosemite Valley
Post by: Miles on December 03, 2015, 08:59:49 am
Simply beautiful!
Title: Re: Thanksgiving Morning #2, Yosemite Valley
Post by: Bob_B on December 03, 2015, 10:13:46 am
+1 to "tapestry"; Beautiful. The only thing better than the photo might have been to be there to experience the moment firsthand.
Title: Re: Thanksgiving Morning #2, Yosemite Valley
Post by: nma on December 03, 2015, 02:47:11 pm
Nothing more to add. Just my admiration for this image.