Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Glenn Bartley on December 02, 2015, 12:37:16 pm
-
I just got back from an incredible trip to South Georgia and the Falklands. I'll have lots to share here and on Facebook in the weeks ahead. This one jumped out (pardon the pun) at me to post first :-)
All the best everyone!
Glenn
Camera Model: Canon EOS 7D Mark II
Shutter speed: 1/1250 sec
Aperture: 6.3
Exposure compensation: +2/3
ISO: 400
Lens: EF600mm f/4L IS II USM
(http://glennbartley.com/To%20Post/Gentoo%20Penguin%20-%2001.jpg)
-
I've seen a lot of penguin shots, including Gentoos, but this one beats all the rest!
Fantastic, Glenn!
I look forward to more from your adventure.
-
Glenn, you never cease to amaze!
Love the two swimmers holding hands.
-
Extra extraordinary.
-
Super shot!
-
Wow! :)
-
Outstanding - thanks for sharing it :)
Dave
-
Great shot. . . man I miss that area. Next November we get to go back. Can't wait. Looking forward to seeing more.
-
Magical.
Regards,
Dale
-
Stunning.
-
Bravo!
-
Outstanding shot. Was it taken from a zodiac?
-
It was taken from the beach. :)
-
In 2010, the Falkland Islands held the largest breeding population of Gentoo penguins in the world, with an FC census recording 121,500 breeding pairs. Numbers in the Falkland Islands do fluctuate, but have averaged about 100,000 pairs over the last 75 years. Gentoo penguins are resident in the Islands throughout the year and distributed all around the coastline.
Thats Amazing one'
Thanks ,:)
-
Simply "wow!!"
-
Glenn, you never cease to amaze!
+1