Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: greyscale on December 02, 2015, 12:19:37 pm

Title: I found this Article to be of some interest RE: sunset images.
Post by: greyscale on December 02, 2015, 12:19:37 pm
Articleis found here:http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/a-map-tool-for-finding-tonights-most-beautiful-sunsets/ar-AAfVvcn

greyscale
Title: Re: I found this Article to be of some interest RE: sunset images.
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on December 02, 2015, 12:28:25 pm
Fixed the link for you: :)

Article is found here: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/a-map-tool-for-finding-tonights-most-beautiful-sunsets/ar-AAfVvcn

greyscale

Thanks for the link, interesting.
Title: Re: I found this Article to be of some interest RE: sunset images.
Post by: greyscale on December 02, 2015, 12:48:35 pm
Slobodan,  Thanks for the fix, I should have checked prior to post. Yes, very interesting  so I also sent a email to the folks at The Photographers Ephemeris regarding the article.

greyscale
Title: Re: I found this Article to be of some interest RE: sunset images.
Post by: Rob C on December 02, 2015, 01:31:37 pm
Just when I thought life couldn't get any the more complicated.

;-(

Rob
Title: Re: I found this Article to be of some interest RE: sunset images.
Post by: Telecaster on December 02, 2015, 03:41:50 pm
Awesome! Now all I need is a Learjet to take me to each evening's best spot(s).  :)

-Dave-
Title: Re: I found this Article to be of some interest RE: sunset images.
Post by: Rob C on December 02, 2015, 04:57:41 pm
Awesome! Now all I need is a Learjet to take me to each evening's best spot(s).  :)

-Dave-


That's what a gin and tonic's meant to do, without the need actually to go anywhere at all. Still enjoyed best on a wicker chair beside the sea.

If you keep a book-marked novel beside you on a matching table, it lends an air of earnestness and entitlement to the experience. Cameras won't do.

Rob
Title: Re: I found this Article to be of some interest RE: sunset images.
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on December 02, 2015, 05:11:31 pm
Awesome! Now all I need is a Learjet to take me to each evening's best spot(s).  :)

Only if you are a hunter-photographer. If you are farmer-photographer, you'd wait for the weather to come to you ;)
Title: Re: I found this Article to be of some interest RE: sunset images.
Post by: amolitor on December 02, 2015, 07:01:21 pm
Wouldn't a farmer-photographer create the weather he or she needs?
Title: Re: I found this Article to be of some interest RE: sunset images.
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on December 02, 2015, 07:05:17 pm
Wouldn't a farmer-photographer create the weather he or she needs?

That would be a subspecies known as farmer-photoshopographer.™
Title: Re: I found this Article to be of some interest RE: sunset images.
Post by: amolitor on December 02, 2015, 07:08:42 pm
I don't use photoshop. I actually move the buildings around, cut down the trees, and level the relevant mountains!
Title: Re: I found this Article to be of some interest RE: sunset images.
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on December 02, 2015, 07:11:51 pm
I don't use photoshop. I actually move the buildings around, cut down the trees, and level the relevant mountains!

Yet another subspecies, known as a Godzilla-photographer.
Title: Re: I found this Article to be of some interest RE: sunset images.
Post by: Rob C on December 03, 2015, 05:05:20 am
Yet another subspecies, known as a Godzilla-photographer.


Nosense! You've confused this with architectural photographer, a further subspecies of the civil engineering photographer.

Rob
Title: Re: I found this Article to be of some interest RE: sunset images.
Post by: Tony Jay on December 11, 2015, 10:03:06 pm
I go away for five weeks and come back to find out that photographers have rapidly evolved into multiple subspecies!
Even the Ebola virus cannot evolve at this pace!

Tony Jay
Title: Re: I found this Article to be of some interest RE: sunset images.
Post by: Colorado David on December 11, 2015, 10:23:24 pm
Awesome! Now all I need is a Learjet to take me to each evening's best spot(s).  :)

-Dave-

With the right amount of money, that can be arranged.  My preference would be for a Cessna Grand Caravan on amphibious floats.  It doesn't go as fast, but there are a lot more places to land.  The Swiss Army Knife of the air.