Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: hgmoore on April 16, 2006, 04:10:54 pm

Title: GPS data -> exif
Post by: hgmoore on April 16, 2006, 04:10:54 pm
Is there a Windows program available to take gps position and put it into exif?

Magellan eXplorist 600 gps
Canon 5D & 20D cr2 files, tiff files

I found a couple via google but they are command line perl or for jpg only.

thanks,

harvey
Title: GPS data -> exif
Post by: tzphotos.com on August 03, 2006, 12:50:53 pm
Quote
Is there a Windows program available to take gps position and put it into exif?

Magellan eXplorist 600 gps
Canon 5D & 20D cr2 files, tiff files

I found a couple via google but they are command line perl or for jpg only.

thanks,

harvey
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=62723\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Did you ever find a solution?  I have:

Garmin Vista GPSr
Canon 350D/Rebel XT
Title: GPS data -> exif
Post by: hgmoore on August 03, 2006, 01:06:43 pm
Quote
Did you ever find a solution?  I have:

Garmin Vista GPSr
Canon 350D/Rebel XT
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=72487\")

It's been a while since I have worked on this, I am able to extract data from my Magellan unit with it's software to a text file that I use to build an Excel spreadsheet, and I have been manually entering data to to the Adobe xmp files.

I have collected the following links that you may find new or interesting. When I have some time I will test some of the methods:

[a href=\"http://www.gpsinformation.org/ronh/g7towin.htm]http://www.gpsinformation.org/ronh/g7towin.htm[/url]

http://www.robogeo.com/home/ (http://www.robogeo.com/home/)

http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/RoboGEO/robogeo.html (http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/RoboGEO/robogeo.html)

http://www.stuffware.co.uk/articles/00000001.html (http://www.stuffware.co.uk/articles/00000001.html)

http://www.wwmx.org/Download.aspx (http://www.wwmx.org/Download.aspx)

Harvey
Title: GPS data -> exif
Post by: tzphotos.com on August 03, 2006, 06:14:33 pm
Quote
It's been a while since I have worked on this, I am able to extract data from my Magellan unit with it's software to a text file that I use to build an Excel spreadsheet, and I have been manually entering data to to the Adobe xmp files.

I have collected the following links that you may find new or interesting. When I have some time I will test some of the methods:

http://www.gpsinformation.org/ronh/g7towin.htm (http://www.gpsinformation.org/ronh/g7towin.htm)

http://www.robogeo.com/home/ (http://www.robogeo.com/home/)

http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/RoboGEO/robogeo.html (http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/RoboGEO/robogeo.html)

http://www.stuffware.co.uk/articles/00000001.html (http://www.stuffware.co.uk/articles/00000001.html)

http://www.wwmx.org/Download.aspx (http://www.wwmx.org/Download.aspx)

Harvey
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=72489\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

RoboGeo looked the most promising, unfortunately it doesn't support CR2 files.  You must convert to DNG, which I don't plan on doing.
Title: GPS data -> exif
Post by: Peter McLennan on August 04, 2006, 11:46:38 pm
I'd search the OziExplorer user group on Yahoo.  I recall someone there had written a utility that made this pretty easy.

Peter
Title: GPS data -> exif
Post by: cgf on August 05, 2006, 11:04:54 pm
Quote
I am able to extract data from my Magellan unit with it's software to a text file that I use to build an Excel spreadsheet, and I have been manually entering data to to the Adobe xmp files.

Sony released a gps device with software that inserts the location into the exif file.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0608/06080202sonygpscs1.asp (http://www.dpreview.com/news/0608/06080202sonygpscs1.asp)

Only jpeg for now but how long until a raw version?