Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Martin Kristiansen on December 02, 2015, 09:26:55 am

Title: Photoshop CC 2015.1
Post by: Martin Kristiansen on December 02, 2015, 09:26:55 am
About to start work on a commercial job when I noticed there was a update available for PS. Perhaps a risk but I have had no issues up to now so ran the upgrade while doing some printing.

Just completed the job on PS. PK Sharpen ran as per normal and so did Topaz denoise. All actions ran as normal. Colour settings didn't migrate so pleased I checked that and changed to my normal settings. Workspace settings all migrated smoothly.

New interface. I like it but I'm not too fussy about such stuff. I really like the ability to customize the tool bar. Chucked out stuff I never use like the type tool. I also changed the keyboard shortcut for the crop tool to R to match LR. Not sure if this was doable in the past, perhaps it was.

Haven't had time to look around much more than that and I'm now done with work for the day. Will explore more tomorrow if work pressure allows it.
Title: Re: Photoshop CC 2015.1
Post by: john beardsworth on December 02, 2015, 11:30:55 am
The toolbar customisation is new, but re-assigning keyboard shortcuts has been around for ages.

I wish one could customise the splash screen - this time it's gruesome. A bad trip on Derwentwater?

John
Title: Re: Photoshop CC 2015.1
Post by: howardm on December 02, 2015, 11:48:20 am
I imagine it may well be just a .png that gets pulled up so it could possibly be changeable.
Title: Re: Photoshop CC 2015.1
Post by: john beardsworth on December 02, 2015, 12:01:11 pm
I imagine it may well be just a .png that gets pulled up so it could possibly be changeable.

You'd like to think so, but I've looked around and I think we're stuck with it.
Title: Re: Photoshop CC 2015.1
Post by: Martin Kristiansen on December 02, 2015, 12:09:56 pm
Yes the splash screen is not pretty. I'm also not convinced about the new default screen thingy for when no document is opened.  Just a bit busy for my my liking. Looks a little like the LR import module that got canned.

Main thing is it is stable on my machine and I'm productive already.
Title: Re: Photoshop CC 2015.1
Post by: john beardsworth on December 02, 2015, 12:29:12 pm
I'm also not convinced about the new default screen thingy for when no document is opened.  Just a bit busy for my my liking. Looks a little like the LR import module that got canned.

I quite like it as it lists most-recent documents, and your own workspace reappears as soon as you open a file. I'm less sure I want other libraries or Adobe stock pushed into my working space.
Title: Re: Photoshop CC 2015.1
Post by: Simon Garrett on December 02, 2015, 12:47:51 pm
You can turn off the recent-file list when nothing is open: Edit -> Preferences -> General (not "Interface", where you'd expect it).
Title: Re: Photoshop CC 2015.1
Post by: Martin Kristiansen on December 02, 2015, 12:49:28 pm
Yes I already turned it off. I virtually never open images from within PS these days. I am either going through bridge or LR.
Title: Re: Photoshop CC 2015.1
Post by: Jimbo57 on December 04, 2015, 05:20:03 am
It doesn't work for me.

The update installation fails at about 57% every time.

Easy, I thought. So I went to the CC control panel, uninstalled Photoshop CC, and then re-installed it - assuming that the latest version would re-install.

But no, it was 2015.0.0 that re-installed and it still showed an update as being availabele but, again, the update fails at around 57%.

How long might I expect to wait before the latest version is the one that installs when I uninstall and re-install?
Title: Re: Photoshop CC 2015.1
Post by: howardm on December 04, 2015, 07:32:34 am
you did reboot, right?  some of the CC software is flaky enough so that errant old processes stick around like zombies and screw up attempts to download.
Title: Re: Photoshop CC 2015.1
Post by: Paul2660 on December 04, 2015, 08:06:11 am
It doesn't work for me.

The update installation fails at about 57% every time.

Easy, I thought. So I went to the CC control panel, uninstalled Photoshop CC, and then re-installed it - assuming that the latest version would re-install.

But no, it was 2015.0.0 that re-installed and it still showed an update as being availabele but, again, the update fails at around 57%.

How long might I expect to wait before the latest version is the one that installs when I uninstall and re-install?

I had the same issue of the failure at about 57 percent. I waited until later in the day and tried again and it took. May have been a server load issue. I was trying at mid day.

Paul C
Title: Re: Photoshop CC 2015.1
Post by: Simon Garrett on December 04, 2015, 08:55:43 am
CC installation and update is a bit error-prone at times. 

If all else fails, slog through the help at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud.html (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud.html)
or try the clean up tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html)
Title: Re: Photoshop CC 2015.1
Post by: Les Sparks on December 04, 2015, 11:37:18 am
If cc update fails best bet is to go to the direct download page at
for windows (http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-updates-links-windows.html)
for mac (http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-updates-links-mac.html)
Don't know why Adobe help and chat don't send you there when you ask for help
Le
Title: Re: Photoshop CC 2015.1
Post by: Yahor Shumski on December 08, 2015, 03:48:33 pm
Adobe finally solved 10-bit monitor related problems in the recent edition 2015.1. I was able to enable 10-bit mode with few difficulties on my PC, no problem anymore.

Title: Re: Photoshop CC 2015.1
Post by: rafox on December 09, 2015, 09:45:11 pm
I updated to the latest CC Photoshop and it broke PhotoKit2. I use the burn and dodge quite a bit, burn and dodge center oval works but all the edge burns and dodges do not.
I used the support thing on Pixel Genius to report but no reply. Anybody know if they are still active?
Does anyone know of a burn dodge utility for Photoshop?
Title: Re: Photoshop CC 2015.1
Post by: Schewe on December 10, 2015, 05:32:52 am
I updated to the latest CC Photoshop and it broke PhotoKit2. I use the burn and dodge quite a bit, burn and dodge center oval works but all the edge burns and dodges do not.

It's something we're working on...not sure why it's broken.