Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jaemie on November 30, 2015, 11:52:17 pm
-
Hello Luminous Landscape. I am new on this forum, though I have been a LL reader for some time. I am fond of this recent photograph as it's a good example of the warm versus cold approach to color that runs through much of my work.
(https://static1.squarespace.com/static/53add256e4b07cf991e61afd/565d2626e4b011b065256a84/565d2648e4b0671c0083c927/1448945233372/ANA+BLIZZ+Floor+Colours+4+800.png?format=1500w)
-
Nice abstract.
Welcome to the forum, Jaemie.
Eric
-
Hello Luminous Landscape. I am new on this forum, though I have been a LL reader for some time. I am fond of this recent photograph as it's a good example of the warm versus cold approach to color that runs through much of my work.
Welcome.
It's an interesting shot, but is it abstract? I see the lower parts of two pairs of legs, shoes with high heels and some lights.
Jeremy
-
Thank you, Eric.
Jeremy, thank you for the comment and question. Is it abstract? Considering the level of distortion and blur, the dreamy rendering, the reflected colors, I think it could be classified as an abstraction. Indeed, the blur of the shoes suggests high heels, as you have pointed to, but, in reality, both subjects are wearing low-heeled shoes, likely sneakers. It's a good question, though, and I welcome the nudge to think about my work in ways I might normally not.
-
Welcome, Jaemie.
-
Jeremy, thank you for the comment and question. Is it abstract? Considering the level of distortion and blur, the dreamy rendering, the reflected colors, I think it could be classified as an abstraction. Indeed, the blur of the shoes suggests high heels, as you have pointed to, but, in reality, both subjects are wearing low-heeled shoes, likely sneakers. It's a good question, though, and I welcome the nudge to think about my work in ways I might normally not.
I stand corrected on the shoes: now I look again, it's obvious. But maybe that emphasises my point about abstraction. It's a concept that's been discussed here before, I think following one of Slobodan's posts.
Jeremy
-
... It's a concept that's been discussed here before, I think following one of Slobodan's posts...
Ha!
There are people that not only read, but remember my posts!
Yes, I made that point before, that the term "abstract" can have several meanings, not only as "unrecognizable" or "no relation to reality."
Welcome, Jeamie!
-
Ha!
There are people that not only read, but remember my posts!
Yes, I made that point before, that the term "abstract" can have several meanings, not only as "unrecognizable" or "no relation to reality."
Welcome, Jeamie!
Let me add that my own personal definition of "abstract" includes all of the several meanings.
-
I appreciate everyone's input, and I'll have to look up Slobodan's post when I'm off work. Thanks for the kind responses and the welcome. :)
-
I appreciate everyone's input, and I'll have to look up Slobodan's post when I'm off work. Thanks for the kind responses and the welcome. :)
Jaemie,
That specific post was here: http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=100317.msg821965#msg821965
Also, if you are fond of abstracts in general, we have a special thread for that, already 45 pages long: http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=86369.msg700780#msg700780