Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: sierraman on November 24, 2015, 12:27:54 am

Title: Balance Rock, Arches National Park
Post by: sierraman on November 24, 2015, 12:27:54 am
Arches is a great place to explore but can also get fairly crowded.The Balance Rock area is no exception because of its easy access but it's still a fun place to shoot.  :)
Title: Re: Balance Rock, Arches National Park
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 24, 2015, 04:00:50 am
Very nice composition. To my eyes, it seems like some of the texture was lost to too much noise reduction? The image looks a bit "plasticky" here and there, not sure...
Title: Re: Balance Rock, Arches National Park
Post by: francois on November 24, 2015, 06:06:17 am
It's a good take on a classic… The colors seem a weird, though. Was it after a period of rain?
Title: Re: Balance Rock, Arches National Park
Post by: sierraman on November 24, 2015, 09:07:49 am
It's a good take on a classic… The colors seem a weird, though. Was it after a period of rain?
I actually tried to take some of the color out of the image as it seem too "reddish". I also under sharpened it as I didn't want a "halo" on the edges. Looks like I still have some work to do on this image.  :)
Title: Re: Balance Rock, Arches National Park
Post by: francois on November 24, 2015, 10:13:55 am
I actually tried to take some of the color out of the image as it seem too "reddish". I also under sharpened it as I didn't want a "halo" on the edges. Looks like I still have some work to do on this image.  :)

Don't get me wrong… I like it but I didn't remember that the soil was so yellow/ocher except after rain. My memory might play some tricks on me, though. Excellent idea about sharpening!