Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: Hening Bettermann on November 22, 2015, 01:30:24 pm

Title: Spectral Sensitivity Data for the a7r[1]?
Post by: Hening Bettermann on November 22, 2015, 01:30:24 pm
Are there really none available anywhere? I can't find any googling.
Thank you for your input!
Title: Re: Spectral Sensitivity Data for the a7r[1]?
Post by: ErikKaffehr on December 05, 2015, 11:36:48 am
Hi,

That stuff is hard to find… Sorry. I would be very happy if someone had to share.

It could be measured with a monochromator, but you need to calibrate the monochromator. That is the hard part.

Best regards
Erik
Title: Re: Spectral Sensitivity Data for the a7r[1]?
Post by: Hening Bettermann on December 05, 2015, 12:22:11 pm
Thanks for your comment, Erik. OK I'll settle with my ColorChecker based profile then...
Good light!
Title: Re: Spectral Sensitivity Data for the a7r[1]?
Post by: ErikKaffehr on December 05, 2015, 04:21:01 pm
Hi,

Anders Torger, the author of DCamprof, says that the standard colour checker is quite OK for profiling. But, whatever target it seems it is very important to eliminate reflections of surrounding light.

I have sent some shots of an IT-8 target to Anders, and I got the impression that the IT-8 contains some very saturated colours that are not very helpful in profiling.

I am looking into generating some new colour profiles for my A7rII in the Christmas holidays. But, I am quite happy with the colour rendition I have, so I am in no hurry.

Best regards
Erik


Thanks for your comment, Erik. OK I'll settle with my ColorChecker based profile then...
Good light!