Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Bruno Gil on November 21, 2015, 06:53:24 am

Title: Backyard
Post by: Bruno Gil on November 21, 2015, 06:53:24 am
Having fun with my Frankenstein ( Wista m450 + Credo40 + Schneider 43mm )

1.
(https://farm1.staticflickr.com/620/22876678650_3b92c37b66_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/ARwXxY)Backyard (https://flic.kr/p/ARwXxY) by Bruno Gil - Ground Glass (https://www.flickr.com/photos/brunogil1933/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Backyard
Post by: sdwilsonsct on November 22, 2015, 10:19:05 am
Good catch of the light reflected on to the wall.
Title: Re: Backyard
Post by: francois on November 23, 2015, 07:55:31 am
The light on the wall is intriguing as are the mechanical elements in the foreground. I like it a lot.
Title: Re: Backyard
Post by: Tony Jay on November 23, 2015, 08:17:30 am
In different light that composition would be boring and highly forgettable - as it is it is an amazingly striking image full of photographic goodness!

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Backyard
Post by: stamper on November 23, 2015, 09:05:35 am
In different light that composition would be boring and highly forgettable - as it is it is an amazingly striking image full of photographic goodness!

Tony Jay

Agreed. It isn't what you shoot but how you shoot it that counts!
Title: Re: Backyard
Post by: sarrasani on November 23, 2015, 12:07:22 pm
Clap hands from me!! great work composing, capturing, scanning....
And the super technical power of LF is evident also at small dimensions.
a pleasure to see, thank you,
S.
Title: Re: Backyard
Post by: Bruno Gil on November 25, 2015, 09:29:08 am
Good catch of the light reflected on to the wall.

Thanks Scot, that was what attracted to do this this shot

The light on the wall is intriguing as are the mechanical elements in the foreground. I like it a lot.

Thanks Francois

In different light that composition would be boring and highly forgettable - as it is it is an amazingly striking image full of photographic goodness!

Tony Jay

Thanks Tony, I totally agree with you, despite I like a lot the old tram leftovers

Agreed. It isn't what you shoot but how you shoot it that counts!

Thanks Stamper

Clap hands from me!! great work composing, capturing, scanning....
And the super technical power of LF is evident also at small dimensions.
a pleasure to see, thank you,
S.

Thanks sarrasani

Large Format rocks!
Except for the scanning, the shot was taken using a DG LeafCredo
Thanks!
Title: Re: Backyard
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 26, 2015, 04:05:55 am
Indeed, a great shot.
Title: Re: Backyard
Post by: marcgoldring on November 26, 2015, 07:10:24 am
There are so many elements in this shot that I like! That said, I wish it were more targeted. There's so much going on, my eye just sort of bounces around. Framing out the stuff on the left hand side so that the juxtaposition of the old and new is more clearly stated might be interesting...

Marco
Title: Re: Backyard
Post by: Bruno Gil on November 26, 2015, 10:26:49 am
Indeed, a great shot.

Thanks Paulo

There are so many elements in this shot that I like! That said, I wish it were more targeted. There's so much going on, my eye just sort of bounces around. Framing out the stuff on the left hand side so that the juxtaposition of the old and new is more clearly stated might be interesting...

Marco

Hi Marco
My main goal was to catch the light at the wall and trying to make a good mix between old and modern. But I agree with you when you say that your eyes bounces around :( I normally tend to shot minimalist. To the right side of the frame there is a warehouse not so much pretty
Thanks for the feedback and tips!