Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Rand47 on November 18, 2015, 04:32:33 pm

Title: Death Valley detail
Post by: Rand47 on November 18, 2015, 04:32:33 pm
From a recent trip to Death Valley.  Love the details.  My homage to Georgia...

(https://rsadams.smugmug.com/Landscape/Death-Valley-2009/i-ndStC6J/0/XL/DV_Keepers-1067-2-XL.jpg)
Title: Re: Death Valley detail
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 19, 2015, 04:09:53 am
Good detail on the erosional shapes.
Title: Re: Death Valley detail
Post by: stamper on November 19, 2015, 08:15:09 am
Good detail on the erosional shapes.

Agreed but the image looks a little flat on my monitor. It could be my monitor or just your intention? :)
Title: Re: Death Valley detail
Post by: Bob_B on November 19, 2015, 09:01:49 am
Excellent subject, but I have to side with stamper and suggest upping the contrast a bit.
Title: Re: Death Valley detail
Post by: francois on November 19, 2015, 11:32:35 am
I quite like the low contrast, it adds some softness to the scene.
Title: Re: Death Valley detail
Post by: chuckn on November 19, 2015, 12:24:58 pm
I agree with Francois, the low contrast adds to the softness of the photograph. I really like the detail in the shadows. Nice image.

Chuck
Title: Re: Death Valley detail
Post by: MattBurt on November 19, 2015, 01:16:19 pm
I love it as-is. Beautiful flowing forms and the low-ish contrast give it a softness that suits the image. Nice!
Title: Re: Death Valley detail
Post by: John R on November 19, 2015, 01:29:18 pm
I love it as-is. Beautiful flowing forms and the low-ish contrast give it a softness that suits the image. Nice!
Same response from me. Nothing everything has to be snappy and crisp.

JR
Title: Re: Death Valley detail
Post by: ddolde on November 19, 2015, 01:29:44 pm
Looks fine to me...too many armchair quarterbacks here. Nice shot
Title: Re: Death Valley detail
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on November 19, 2015, 01:44:49 pm
As-is.
Title: Re: Death Valley detail
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 19, 2015, 03:07:33 pm
We know that Stamper loves high contrast, and does it well, but I agree with the hoi polloi here who like it the way it is.

Eric
Title: Re: Death Valley detail
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on November 20, 2015, 11:50:27 am
Beautiful image. Love it just the way it is.