Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: kevs on November 17, 2015, 03:15:00 pm

Title: Who using for credit card terminal? I'm getting shafted.
Post by: kevs on November 17, 2015, 03:15:00 pm
For my photo biz, I am with First Data who merged with BA a few years ago.  I Just discovered after noticing a large charge, that BA has been raising my rate every 6 months —— it got to 5%. Finally I noticed this and my rep brought it back down to the 2.5% to 3% range.

They send a non confirming letter (they wont do emails) every 6 months which I got or not.....

Who are you guys using and what are you paying? Thanks.
Title: Re: Who using for credit card terminal? I'm getting shafted.
Post by: PeterAit on November 18, 2015, 08:39:15 am
Do you usually have the card in hand? I have been happy with Square, convenient and low fees, although IIRC there is an extra fee added if you have to type in the card #. Paypal has a similar smartphone accessory.
Title: Re: Who using for credit card terminal? I'm getting shafted.
Post by: kevs on November 18, 2015, 12:50:19 pm
Thanks Peter, no the orders are 75% phone orders , no card, and maybe 25% card. Is square based on idea you have the card present?  What are the fees with/ without card about? What bank handles it? Who do you contact for info. Paypal... card feature..? I have a nice terminal what I think requires a landline...
Title: Re: Who using for credit card terminal? I'm getting shafted.
Post by: PeterAit on November 18, 2015, 05:37:47 pm
This is just a suggestion that you might want to look into. All the details are things you should find out for yourself.