Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: chuckn on November 16, 2015, 09:28:03 pm

Title: Canyon Wall
Post by: chuckn on November 16, 2015, 09:28:03 pm
Canyon wall detail, Coyote Gulch, Utah

Chuck
Title: Re: Canyon Wall
Post by: Colorado David on November 16, 2015, 11:19:09 pm
Well done.  I like the opposing curves of the figure in the rock above the curve of the lower feature and trees.
Title: Re: Canyon Wall
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 17, 2015, 05:13:30 am
Nice abstract to give a more intimate landscape.
Title: Re: Canyon Wall
Post by: thierrylegros396 on November 17, 2015, 06:47:36 am
Well done.  I like the opposing curves of the figure in the rock above the curve of the lower feature and trees.

+1

Thierry
Title: Re: Canyon Wall
Post by: francois on November 17, 2015, 08:19:12 am
I love it, the walls, with their textures offer a perfect background for that big round rock.
Title: Re: Canyon Wall
Post by: Bob_B on November 17, 2015, 09:32:02 am
To add to what others have already said, you've really nailed the b/w processing in this photograph. (Having failed miserably to achieve similar results, I really respect your efforts to get those tones.) Nice.
Title: Re: Canyon Wall
Post by: NancyP on November 17, 2015, 11:29:32 am
Lovely tonalities. I like the scale, and contrast between plants and rock.
Title: Re: Canyon Wall
Post by: chuckn on November 17, 2015, 03:34:42 pm
Thanks for the comments everyone. I've found when it comes to B&W processing, less is always more. This photograph was minimally processed in photoshop raw. It was converted to B&W using silver efex-pro where I added a yellow filter. No other adjustments were made.

I have started to use a hand held light meter as well.

Chuck
Title: Re: Canyon Wall
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 17, 2015, 11:45:39 pm
Lovely tonalities. I like the scale, and contrast between plants and rock.
+1.