Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: KevinA on November 16, 2015, 10:07:39 am

Title: File name display
Post by: KevinA on November 16, 2015, 10:07:39 am
Aperture user getting use to LR. I know it must be simple, I've tried help and every menu button but no luck yet. So when in "Library" "grid" mode how do I get the file names displayed on the thumbnails?
Cheers.
Title: Re: File name display
Post by: Jimbo57 on November 16, 2015, 10:16:03 am
If you are in grid view, the file name will appear when you hover the mouse over a thumbnail.

If you are using two monitors, then the image selected in grid view on the primary monitor will appear on the second monitor with the file name in the top left corner.
Title: Re: File name display
Post by: KevinA on November 16, 2015, 10:18:55 am
So is it not possible to display the file names on the thumbs? I have to hover over them one at a time? that can't be right.
Title: Re: File name display
Post by: john beardsworth on November 16, 2015, 10:32:34 am
There are 3 different views of the thumbnail grid - hit the J key to cycle through them.

In one view, there is no information displayed. In the other two views, the amount of info varies and you can choose which fields are displayed - just right click the text.
Title: Re: File name display
Post by: KevinA on November 16, 2015, 11:28:16 am
Thanks John, just what I wanted. I must of been looking in the wrong place for that. I've been most of the morning trying to find it, help youtube. It seamed such a dumb question I was reluctant to ask it in public!.
Title: Re: File name display
Post by: john beardsworth on November 16, 2015, 11:32:26 am
Eventually what's dumb is not asking!