Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: William Walker on November 15, 2015, 08:33:45 am

Title: Gallery & Print Studio
Post by: William Walker on November 15, 2015, 08:33:45 am
I have been rather quiet around these parts of late because I have been otherwise occupied!

In the last ten months we have sold a business and moved from the east of South Africa, about 1600 kilometers south-west of the country, to a tiny little village called Riebeek Kasteel, just outside Cape Town. We have built a new home which incorporates a small gallery and print studio.

I spent last week printing with Roger de la Harpe, (http://rogerandpatdelaharpe.com/) and opened the gallery once we received his work back from the framers. I also have printed for Heinrich van den Berg, another top South African wildlife photographer, (http://www.heinrichvandenberg.com/) and have his work hanging in the gallery too.

Now to make it work...!!

Regards
William

Title: Re: Gallery & Print Studio
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on November 15, 2015, 10:17:31 am
Looks beautiful! Congrats and good luck!
Title: Re: Gallery & Print Studio
Post by: RSL on November 16, 2015, 09:17:52 am
Bravo!, William. Best of luck with it.
Title: Re: Gallery & Print Studio
Post by: Patricia Sheley on November 16, 2015, 09:50:36 am
Every good wish going forward William. What an undertaking! Looks great...be sure to inhale deeply and enjoy it yourself
too.    :)
Title: Re: Gallery & Print Studio
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 16, 2015, 10:02:52 am
It does look like a beautiful space. I wish I were a few thousand miles closer so I could visit.
I hope you do very well there.

Eric
Title: Re: Gallery & Print Studio
Post by: William Walker on November 17, 2015, 02:22:05 am
Thank you for all the good wishes!

We don't know ourselves living in a really beautiful part of the country, it is so peaceful and quiet.

The weekends get busy with tourists and hopefully they will like what they see and spend a little money!

Thanks again
Regards
William
Title: Re: Gallery & Print Studio
Post by: Riaan van Wyk on November 18, 2015, 11:53:39 pm
Congrats William, wishing you all the best!
Title: Re: Gallery & Print Studio
Post by: William Walker on November 19, 2015, 04:45:44 am
Congrats William, wishing you all the best!

Baie dankie!

Jy moet kuier is jy in die deel van wereld is!

As you can see, my Afrikaans has improved! It is like another country here Riaan...
Title: Re: Gallery & Print Studio
Post by: Riaan van Wyk on November 20, 2015, 01:08:33 am
Baie dankie!

Jy moet kuier is jy in die deel van wereld is!

As you can see, my Afrikaans has improved! It is like another country here Riaan...

And have you started drinking wine at ten in the morning yet? ;D

Yes I agree about the another country statement, people are different, the light is stunning and have I mentioned the wine?
Title: Re: Gallery & Print Studio
Post by: Tony Jay on December 11, 2015, 09:54:45 pm
You have been busy William!

I am just back from RSA and so imagine the surprise reading about this on my return.

I was no where near the Western Cape but I think on my next trip your gallery will need to be an obligatory part of my itinerary!

Congratulations and best wishes on the success of your new enterprise

Tony Jay