Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: sierraman on November 13, 2015, 10:46:57 pm

Title: Joshua Tree National Park
Post by: sierraman on November 13, 2015, 10:46:57 pm
Joshua Tree has so many fun photo op's it's hard to pick a favorite spot. This is one of the more popular places in the Jumbo Rocks area.
Title: Re: Joshua Tree National Park
Post by: thierrylegros396 on November 14, 2015, 02:44:30 am
Well done.

Thierry
Title: Re: Joshua Tree National Park
Post by: Richard Pearlman on November 14, 2015, 09:24:49 am
It is well exposed and processed, but the rock and the tree are both vying for attention. I feel it would have been a stronger composition had you isolated one or the other.
Title: Re: Joshua Tree National Park
Post by: sierraman on November 14, 2015, 09:48:15 am
It is well exposed and processed, but the rock and the tree are both vying for attention. I feel it would have been a stronger composition had you isolated one or the other.
I agree that it seems a little crowded but I thought I'd try it.  :)
Title: Re: Joshua Tree National Park
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 16, 2015, 05:32:29 am
I think it works well with both elements. Just a minor nit, would like to see a bit more room at the tree's base.
Title: Re: Joshua Tree National Park
Post by: francois on November 17, 2015, 08:06:42 am
Superbly seen, framed and processed!
Bravo
Title: Re: Joshua Tree National Park
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on November 18, 2015, 05:48:17 pm
I think it works well with both elements. Just a minor nit, would like to see a bit more room at the tree's base.

+1. I think the "attraction" the tree feels for the rock is great, but perhaps leaving a little more room at the bottom would have made the tree "breath" a little more. Just my .02 of course :)