Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape Photography Locations => Topic started by: sdwilsonsct on November 11, 2015, 02:35:28 pm

Title: Icefields Parkway, Alberta in November?
Post by: sdwilsonsct on November 11, 2015, 02:35:28 pm
I'll be in Lake Louise next week and would be grateful for any suggestions for locations along the Parkway, close to the road. Thanks!!
Title: Re: Icefields Parkway, Alberta in November?
Post by: sdwilsonsct on November 23, 2015, 11:31:31 am
So... the parkway is much like other roads in the area, with views confined by trees and snowbanks, and few pull-offs. Further, it was closed for a couple of days by 40 cm of snow.

Here's the best from that day, taken on Highway 11 approaching the parkway.
Title: Re: Icefields Parkway, Alberta in November?
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 23, 2015, 02:17:42 pm
I've only been there a few times in July (and with snow once even in July). Imagining the difficulties of getting off the road to shoot, I think your one capture is a fine one.

Eric