Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: sailronin on November 11, 2015, 10:04:02 am

Title: Monument Valley Butte 2
Post by: sailronin on November 11, 2015, 10:04:02 am
(https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5654/22885355065_db710e4d1f_b.jpg)

Nikon D800 w/24-70 converted in SilverEfx 2
Title: Re: Monument Valley Butte 2
Post by: thierrylegros396 on November 11, 2015, 01:08:30 pm
Nice B/W.

Very good framing.

Thierry
Title: Re: Monument Valley Butte 2
Post by: Richard Pearlman on November 11, 2015, 09:58:44 pm
The shadows in the foreground appear very dark, and the grass does not look quite right. I think you may have pushed something on the processing too far. Overall, I think it is a nice scene.
Title: Re: Monument Valley Butte 2
Post by: sdwilsonsct on November 11, 2015, 11:38:35 pm
The shadows in the foreground appear very dark, and the grass does not look quite right. I think you may have pushed something on the processing too far. Overall, I think it is a nice scene.
Very likeable. OTOH the cliffs seem very smooth, perhaps due to processing.
Title: Re: Monument Valley Butte 2
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 12, 2015, 04:04:06 am
It's a fine composition, but indeed some tones are odd looking.
Title: Re: Monument Valley Butte 2
Post by: francois on November 13, 2015, 03:53:18 am
It's a fine composition, but indeed some tones are odd looking.

I have to agree with the B&W treatment. Some areas look flat (not much contrast) and others look a bit strange. I think that spending 5 or 10 minutes to redo B&W treatment wouldn't be wasted time.
Title: Re: Monument Valley Butte 2
Post by: stamper on November 13, 2015, 03:55:00 am
I have to agree with the B&W treatment. Some areas look flat (not much contrast) and others look a bit strange. I think that spending 5 or 10 minutes to redo B&W treatment wouldn't be wasted time.

Agreed.
Title: Re: Monument Valley Butte 2
Post by: sailronin on November 13, 2015, 09:44:34 am
Thank you, will spend some time on it this weekend and see how it turns out.

I appreciate the comments.

Dave