Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: wmchauncey on November 09, 2015, 04:24:50 pm

Title: Putzing around with a rose
Post by: wmchauncey on November 09, 2015, 04:24:50 pm
Stacked and merged using colored LED lighting.

(http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l383/chauncey43/rose%2011-9-15.jpg) (http://s329.photobucket.com/user/chauncey43/media/rose%2011-9-15.jpg.html)
Title: Re: Putzing around with a rose
Post by: wmchauncey on November 10, 2015, 07:06:23 am
Okay...which is it...it absolutely sucks or it's so great that words escape you?
Title: Re: Putzing around with a rose
Post by: Dale Villeponteaux on November 10, 2015, 08:28:04 am
It's so great that words fail me. I hope someone with more
gravitas will be able to do it justice.

Regards,
Dale
Title: Re: Putzing around with a rose
Post by: wmchauncey on November 10, 2015, 02:58:30 pm
Dale...it is overtly obvious that you have exceptional taste.
Title: Re: Putzing around with a rose
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on November 10, 2015, 03:05:06 pm
I think it's lovely. My eye is drawn to the imperfections in the flower, sadly.

Why is it no one ever sent me yet
One perfect limousine, do you suppose?
Ah no, it's always just my luck to get
One perfect rose.


Jeremy
Title: Re: Putzing around with a rose
Post by: BobDavid on November 10, 2015, 09:42:12 pm
I agree with Kikashi. To your credit, there are a lot of great things about this picture. However, the flower is flawed. I went through a "rose" period about ten years ago. I gradually got pickier and pickier in my pursuit of the perfect rose.

The good news is that I think you can easily remove the blemishes in Photoshop. Go for it.
Title: Re: Putzing around with a rose
Post by: KMRennie on November 11, 2015, 05:53:17 am
Is the undoubted beauty of a perfect rose lit by soft summer sunlight improved by coloured accent lighting? It isn't for me. For me all the subtle translucent beauty of a rose is lost by the lighting. However I have never been able to capture a rose as anything other than dull and lifeless.
If you were stacking images why have you chosen to make the top right petals soft?
Ken
Title: Re: Putzing around with a rose
Post by: wmchauncey on November 11, 2015, 11:26:55 am
Thanks all, but...I caught some grief about not doing an imperfection repair work.

(http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l383/chauncey43/headed%20HDR%20rose.jpg) (http://s329.photobucket.com/user/chauncey43/media/headed%20HDR%20rose.jpg.html)
Title: Re: Putzing around with a rose
Post by: BobDavid on November 11, 2015, 06:08:40 pm
I think you've got it about 98% right. There's that last petal in the lower-right quadrant. You are the one who will be most critical about "repair" work because you're the one who repaired it. I guarantee, nobody else will pick up on it.
Title: Re: Putzing around with a rose
Post by: petermfiore on November 12, 2015, 09:04:27 am
Thanks all, but...I caught some grief about not doing an imperfection repair work.

Does the "repair" your have done make it a better picture?

Peter
Title: Re: Putzing around with a rose
Post by: wmchauncey on November 12, 2015, 04:10:55 pm
Yeah, it do...IMHO.
Title: Re: Putzing around with a rose
Post by: petermfiore on November 12, 2015, 05:40:22 pm
Yeah, it do...IMHO.

That's all that matters...

Peter