Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Garnick on November 09, 2015, 03:12:01 pm

Title: Epson 3880 and OS X 10.10
Post by: Garnick on November 09, 2015, 03:12:01 pm
Hello all,

This query is not for myself, but for a customer who has apparently been ready some very negative reviews of the 3880 running in OS X 10.10.  It seems she was ready to purchase this printer until she started her online search for information, which offered only bad reviews.  I assured her that as far as I have heard there is no problem and that the 3880 and 10.10 seem to be communicating perfectly.  I do not own this printer, but considering everything I've read about it and 10.10, I do not recall seeing anything that would convince me there might be an issue as I have described. I told my customer that I would research this on the only forum that counts, so here I am.  As always your replies will be much appreciated.

Gary
Title: Re: Epson 3880 and OS X 10.10
Post by: digitaldog on November 09, 2015, 03:13:56 pm
No such issues on this end and I'm running the 3880 over a network. USB is usually foolproof.
Title: Re: Epson 3880 and OS X 10.10
Post by: Dale Villeponteaux on November 09, 2015, 07:47:50 pm
My 3880 died  recently from sheer neglect. 3880's
from reputable dealers now cost in the range of $2200 to
$2500, about $1000 dollars more than the P800, if available.

If the price of the 3880 rises much further, I may bestir
myself to repair the old and retire rich when I sell it.

Regards,
Dale
Title: Re: Epson 3880 and OS X 10.10
Post by: na goodman on November 09, 2015, 10:16:25 pm
No problems here and neither have my clients that are running 3880 and 10.10.
Title: Re: Epson 3880 and OS X 10.10
Post by: luxborealis on November 09, 2015, 10:34:49 pm
No problems here, either. It was a seamless transition and I just picked where I left off.