Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Pro Business Discussion => Topic started by: larkis on November 08, 2015, 09:41:51 pm
-
Maybe someone posted this already, but I figured some people on here would find it amusing: http://www.photographybay.com/2015/11/05/watch-what-happens-when-you-ask-non-creative-professionals-to-work-for-free/
-
I saw it a few days ago, finally a video that layman can understand. Who will use it in response to an inquiry for free work?
-
I'll just reply with the link next time I get asked to do something for free.
-
It is a shame that creative professionals cannot stick together like the worlds picture framers, cafes & coffee shops.
But the reality is that there are plenty of creatives prepared to work for free, dreaming that it will lead to paid work in the future and that’s why people keep asking.
A mixture of hope and vanity as Rob C said in one of his posts.
The problem is that many do photography as a hobby...for relaxation...for fun...for free. It's up to the professionals to shine above the free or fall flat on their faces.
I'm sure software developers would have the same issues with people developing software for free...but alas no one developes software as a hobby...for relaxation...for fun...for free.
-
The problem is that many do photography as a hobby...for relaxation...for fun...for free. It's up to the professionals to shine above the free or fall flat on their faces.
I'm sure software developers would have the same issues with people developing software for free...but alas no one developes software as a hobby...for relaxation...for fun...for free.
I'm not so sure about that. Plenty of GNU stuff out there, some of it quite good, but it's never as well supported and you are always suspicious of unfound and unfixed bugs.
-
I'm not so sure about that. Plenty of GNU stuff out there, some of it quite good, but it's never as well supported and you are always suspicious of unfound and unfixed bugs.
Well I've worked in the software business for over 30 years and not once did I ever have to compete against someone wanting to do it for free. In fact, I have to offer very high salaries and other perks just to attract talent.