Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: luxborealis on November 05, 2015, 09:36:51 pm

Title: By the way...
Post by: luxborealis on November 05, 2015, 09:36:51 pm
We've had an amazing few days here in southern Ontario: highs of 21°C (about 70°F) in November are almost unheard of. Along with that warmth has been a coupe of mornings of ground fog; Wednesday was particularly thick - and rich!

I left for school with over 30 minutes to spare and was still 15 minutes late for a meeting. Thank goodness my Director understands that when the light is right...

Nikon D800E w/ 24-85 hand held.

C&C welcome.
Title: Re: By the way...
Post by: sdwilsonsct on November 05, 2015, 09:42:36 pm
Lovely, especially the balance in #3.
I know fog and sunlight can produce some interesting effects, but these seem a bit warm.
Title: Re: By the way...
Post by: luxborealis on November 05, 2015, 10:04:08 pm
Lovely, especially the balance in #3.
I know fog and sunlight can produce some interesting effects, but these seem a bit warm.

Surprisingly, they are all representative of the morning. In fact, the subtle change in colour can be attributed to the change in sun angle and fog thickness as the dawn progressed from 7:19am to 7:33am to 7:43am.
Title: Re: By the way...
Post by: Arlen on November 05, 2015, 11:04:07 pm
You really were blessed by the light. I'm especially fond of the first one, well done.
Title: Re: By the way...
Post by: nma on November 05, 2015, 11:12:46 pm
It is too hard to pick a favorite. The progression of the morning light a subtle feature tying the three together. Nice!
Title: Re: By the way...
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 05, 2015, 11:46:34 pm
A very fine set. For me, the first one is sheer magic.
Title: Re: By the way...
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on November 06, 2015, 01:13:43 am
I am a sucker for graphic simplicity, so #1 for me.
Title: Re: By the way...
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on November 06, 2015, 03:39:15 am
A very fine set. For me, the first one is sheer magic.

I agree. The standout shot of an excellent triplet.

Jeremy
Title: Re: By the way...
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 06, 2015, 03:55:08 am
Truly great images, number 1 especially.

P.S. I don't want to quote global warming, but here in Portugal, we are having a very balmy November, after a very balmy October... today we will have 24 C in Lisbon, almost like summer... Every year that goes by, it is the warmest since records are available...
Title: Re: By the way...
Post by: Bob_B on November 06, 2015, 09:08:47 am
The first one is my favorite, but then again I am partial to warm, rich hues and fog.
Title: Re: By the way...
Post by: Walt Roycraft on November 06, 2015, 09:20:39 am
All very nice. #3 is my favorite, with a bit of cropping left and right and bottom.
Just shows it's better to be on time for the light and late for the meeting ;D
Title: Re: By the way...
Post by: churly on November 06, 2015, 04:08:26 pm
Very nice set.  #1 is particularly fine.
Title: Re: By the way...
Post by: mseawell on November 07, 2015, 10:58:20 am
Gorgeous captures and I particularly like the 3rd. All are well rendered and reminds me of my mornings in Germany.

Mark
Title: Re: By the way...
Post by: Shakyphoto (Slim) on November 07, 2015, 08:10:11 pm
#1 and #3 are my vote.
I'd like to see what was on the right side of #3 if that is an option.
Title: Re: By the way...
Post by: John R on November 07, 2015, 11:36:30 pm
Really fine Terry. I tried to get out that morning, but it was not to be.

JR
Title: Re: By the way...
Post by: sarrasani on November 08, 2015, 07:37:23 am
excellent for my taste.
superb light management, soft tones and essential chromatism.
Clap hands from me.
Sandro