Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Jimbo57 on November 05, 2015, 05:32:54 am

Title: Autoplay - Lightroom CC/Windows 7
Post by: Jimbo57 on November 05, 2015, 05:32:54 am
I am sure there is an exceedingly simple answer to this question - but I just can't find it.

With every version of Lightroom, up to and including v5.7, I had Windows set up so that whenever I plugged in a memory card from a camera, Lightroom opened automatically and was ready to copy and import the files it found on the card.

Since "upgrading" to Lightroom CC, this no longer happens. I believe that users of Windows 10 have the same problem.

When I go to the Autoplay section of Control Panel, where I should "Choose what happens when you insert each type of media or device", the drop down menu of programs for "Pictures" does not include Lightroom CC and I can find no way of adding it to the menu.

Help please.
Title: Re: Autoplay - Lightroom CC/Windows 7
Post by: Tony Jay on November 05, 2015, 05:45:52 am
In Lightroom go to Preferences>General>Show import dialog when a memory card is detected
Select the option.

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Autoplay - Lightroom CC/Windows 7
Post by: Jimbo57 on November 06, 2015, 09:14:27 am
Thanks Tony. That worked.