Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Arlen on November 03, 2015, 07:25:39 pm

Title: Portal
Post by: Arlen on November 03, 2015, 07:25:39 pm
Upper end of the 26-mile-long McKenzie River Trail, which courses through towering old growth rainforest and stays close to the river for most of its route in the western Cascades.



(http://www.pbase.com/art1/image/161771243/original.jpg)
Title: Re: Portal
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 04, 2015, 03:59:25 am
Wonderful photo.
Title: Re: Portal
Post by: KMRennie on November 07, 2015, 01:49:12 pm
+1
Title: Re: Portal
Post by: francois on November 09, 2015, 07:30:12 am
Stunning image. I like how the colorful vegetation guides the eyes and makes me follow the path…
Title: Re: Portal
Post by: thierrylegros396 on November 10, 2015, 07:55:14 am
No sun, but the colors are enjoyable!

Not so common.

Thierry
Title: Re: Portal
Post by: Arlen on November 10, 2015, 02:50:35 pm
Thanks, guys. And yes, in this one the lighting makes the fall colors a little more subtle. Not everyone's cup of tea, I'm sure, but I rather liked it that way. I preferred having a balance between the warmer foreground and cooler background, without having one overpower the other.
Title: Re: Portal
Post by: sarrasani on November 10, 2015, 03:23:48 pm
purified but not pumped colours and perfect sharpness for this image.
Superb composition also, and the dark and deep shadows works well...
All the best,
sandro