Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Michael West on November 03, 2015, 11:24:09 am

Title: another soap bubblle
Post by: Michael West on November 03, 2015, 11:24:09 am
(https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5781/22724799366_7e21816137_c.jpg)
Title: Re: another soap bubblle
Post by: Peter McLennan on November 03, 2015, 11:44:42 am
Amazing and beautiful.  Truly creative photography.
Title: Re: another soap bubblle
Post by: Michael West on November 03, 2015, 02:14:39 pm
Amazing and beautiful.  Truly creative photography.

Thank you.  Capturing the natural color of these "creatures" is always eye opening.
Title: Re: another soap bubblle
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on November 03, 2015, 02:27:03 pm
Gorgeous.

Jeremy
Title: Re: another soap bubblle
Post by: Michael West on November 03, 2015, 02:49:17 pm
Gorgeous.

Jeremy

Thank you. I'm hoping that the man who makes these bubbles will find a "venue" close enough to where I live to allow me to make another huge batch of such photographs.

I just found two folders of "bubble photographs" as I was building a new lightroom catalog after my former computer gave up the ghost. Many of the images I dont think I'd ever seen before.
Title: Re: another soap bubblle
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 03, 2015, 06:22:11 pm
Very fine. Do show us more of them.
Title: Re: another soap bubblle
Post by: Michael West on November 04, 2015, 09:26:08 pm
Very fine. Do show us more of them.

Given the vast increase in speed and thus productivy using Lightroom CC  Ive found several hundred photos that I had not yete even seen since I made them.

I think it was Lightroom 3 I was using up until about a month ago.  and it was very slow indeed comparitively.

This image is form the batch Ive shuffled through  today.

(https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5774/22375658147_f9f01fdff8_c.jpg)

I was tempted to clone out the treeline along the bottom right of the image but frankly Im too tired having skipped eating ..since breakfast. gazing at all those other images
Title: Re: another soap bubblle
Post by: BobDavid on November 05, 2015, 12:30:54 am
The first one is outstanding. The second one is not as mysterious/engaging. The first one is free of the blue sky and the ground.
Title: Re: another soap bubblle
Post by: Michael West on November 05, 2015, 02:58:36 pm
The first one is outstanding. The second one is not as mysterious/engaging. The first one is free of the blue sky and the ground.

Yes indeed. I posted the last one simply because of the truly odd stacking of the individual bubbles. Oh were it that those bubbles had been in the far better light of the others, and without the visual inpediment of the wooded hillside.
Title: Re: another soap bubblle
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 05, 2015, 10:06:58 pm
If you remove the bottom of the new one, making a square of the top portion, it makes a lovely almost monochrome bubble stack image, without any distractions. Less color, but I think it makes a stronger photo.
Title: Re: another soap bubblle
Post by: BobDavid on November 06, 2015, 01:20:00 am
If you remove the bottom of the new one, making a square of the top portion, it makes a lovely almost monochrome bubble stack image, without any distractions. Less color, but I think it makes a stronger photo.

Or maybe crop out the top half and leave the treetops in. With a bit of finessing, I think it'll work.
Title: Re: another soap bubblle
Post by: Michael West on November 07, 2015, 01:08:47 am
Or maybe crop out the top half and leave the treetops in. With a bit of finessing, I think it'll work.

Rebuildng some Lightroom catalogs, I see that I have several hundred of these photographs, many of which I dont remember seeing before..

Ive been doing hours at a stretch since yesterday and have hopes of putting a few up here before the weekends over.