Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: armand on November 01, 2015, 05:56:00 pm

Title: 35
Post by: armand on November 01, 2015, 05:56:00 pm
This is why I like the Fujifilm 35mm F/1.4 despite not being optically great.
Title: Re: 35
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on November 02, 2015, 07:57:00 am
I like the second one the most (because it lacks that "line of separation" on the left that the third have).

I would go for a more panoramic crop, thought, in order to give a stronger dynamic.
Cool lens, anyway :D
Title: Re: 35
Post by: armand on November 04, 2015, 10:49:28 pm
I like the second one the most (because it lacks that "line of separation" on the left that the third have).

I would go for a more panoramic crop, thought, in order to give a stronger dynamic.
Cool lens, anyway :D

That could work, I couldn't decide where to crop though.
The bokeh of this lens wide open with backlit or sidelit scenarios is quite appealing.


Another one more conventional.
Title: Re: 35
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on November 05, 2015, 03:24:16 pm
That could work, I couldn't decide where to crop though.
I would try a 16:9 crop with the lower border just above the rightmost "red thing".
Title: Re: 35
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on November 06, 2015, 07:57:02 am
Another one more conventional.

My two cents on this: I think this is the kind of image that, in order to work, needs a huge amount of details and no blown highlight.
I don't knows how much details the original shot contains.
For the highligh, I can see a lot of sparkles due to the reflection on the small leafs.

With hindsight, I think that a double exposure (one with the polarized for the leafs and one without for the reflection in the water) could work very well.

Keep in mind, though, I'm not the expert I pretend to be :D