Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: jharrisonphoto on November 01, 2015, 05:12:41 pm

Title: Optimum drying time before spraying canvas prints?
Post by: jharrisonphoto on November 01, 2015, 05:12:41 pm
How long do you normally wait after printing prints before spraying them?   1 day?  1 hour?  Does it matter?
I am printing with a Canon Ipf8400 on Lyve withe Timeless coating.

Thanks in advance.
John
Title: Re: Optimum drying time before spraying canvas prints?
Post by: Malcolm Payne on November 01, 2015, 06:19:04 pm
Overnight usually, regardless of what time of day they were printed, so effectively 16-24 hours. They probably don't actually need that long, particularly in summer, and I have occasionally sprayed the odd one or two within a matter of hours after printing with no apparent ill effects, when they were needed at very short notice, but I prefer to err on the side of caution where possible. (iPF8300 with Lyve and either Glamour II or Timeless applied with a Fuji HVLP)

Malcolm
Title: Re: Optimum drying time before spraying canvas prints?
Post by: iCanvas on November 02, 2015, 08:16:14 am
I have never had a problem spray coating my prints right off the printer. I never experienced any smearing or loss of quality. If I was rolling on the coating then I would wait a while. Presently I print with a Epson 9900.

Gar
Title: Re: Optimum drying time before spraying canvas prints?
Post by: jharrisonphoto on November 06, 2015, 10:56:55 pm
Thanks for the replies.  I thought I would check and see what was working for other folks.
Thanks
john