Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Kiwi Paul on November 01, 2015, 07:52:28 am

Title: Autumn colours in Scotland
Post by: Kiwi Paul on November 01, 2015, 07:52:28 am
A couple of pictures taken last week near Pitlochry.

Paul

(https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5724/22175489329_54bde14701_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/zMzboV)PA200945-Pano.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/zMzboV) by Paul Bousie (https://www.flickr.com/photos/41861038@N06/), on Flickr

(https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5751/22174336500_8e85be1c41_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/zMtgGy)_1060278.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/zMtgGy) by Paul Bousie (https://www.flickr.com/photos/41861038@N06/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Autumn colours in Scotland
Post by: Bob_B on November 01, 2015, 08:29:07 am
Lovely. I like both, but the second one of the waterfall is special. On my monitor, I had to scroll down to see all of it. As a result, the beauty of the waterfall unfolded and wasn't apparent until I had traveled further down the image. Very nice.
Title: Re: Autumn colours in Scotland
Post by: Kiwi Paul on November 01, 2015, 08:42:21 am
Lovely. I like both, but the second one of the waterfall is special. On my monitor, I had to scroll down to see all of it. As a result, the beauty of the waterfall unfolded and wasn't apparent until I had traveled further down the image. Very nice.

Thanks for the comment.

When viewing photos that are a bit large to see on screen if you are a windows user and have a wheel mouse hold down the CTRL key and scroll the mouse wheel the screen size can be altered to suit.

Paul
Title: Re: Autumn colours in Scotland
Post by: luxborealis on November 01, 2015, 09:17:50 am
Waterfall photograph is gorgeous! I'm there! (figuratively, of course)
Title: Re: Autumn colours in Scotland
Post by: mvsoske on November 02, 2015, 05:02:00 pm
Beautifully done.  I was in Pitlochry a number of years ago in a bicycle tour through the region.  Was scheduled to play golf at the course there but we experienced a hurricane coming from the U.S. and the course was flooded.  Would have loved to see the river you displayed with all the water then.

Mark
Title: Re: Autumn colours in Scotland
Post by: Tony Jay on November 02, 2015, 05:32:51 pm
I like both these images - wonderful colours.
The waterfall is my favourite though.

A very small nit: I personally would try to get a bit more definition out of the skies - even the small wedge of sky in the waterfall image - as they would add immeasurably to both images.
This is my personal opinion and in no way should detract from what are special captures.

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Autumn colours in Scotland
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 03, 2015, 03:53:47 am
I like both of them. In #1 and to my eyes, the sky could be burned in a little bit?
Title: Re: Autumn colours in Scotland
Post by: MattBurt on November 04, 2015, 12:34:47 pm
Lovely images. Nice work!