Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: chuckn on October 29, 2015, 09:16:22 pm

Title: The Apartment
Post by: chuckn on October 29, 2015, 09:16:22 pm
Back side of an apartment building.

Chuck
Title: Re: The Apartment
Post by: Rob C on October 30, 2015, 05:29:13 am
I am enjoying your series; I like the framing of the subject, the tones, and also the way you frame the whole in the right size of border.

Keep doing it.

Rob C
Title: Re: The Apartment
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on October 30, 2015, 05:39:32 am
I like this one a little less than "window", but I think that's because it's shown alone.

IMHO a thread with all the shots would make all of them even more beautiful because the consistency and theme will be more evident.
Title: Re: The Apartment
Post by: petermfiore on October 30, 2015, 09:01:14 am
I am enjoying your series; I like the framing of the subject, the tones, and also the way you frame the whole in the right size of border.

Keep doing it.

Rob C
Me TOO...love the shadow profile face.

Peter
Title: Re: The Apartment
Post by: stamper on October 31, 2015, 05:26:24 am
I take quite a few of this type of image but never thought of posting them because I didn't think anyone would appreciate them. I will have to think again. I like the image and the processing. Food for thought?
Title: Re: The Apartment
Post by: Rob C on October 31, 2015, 06:49:32 am
I take quite a few of this type of image but never thought of posting them because I didn't think anyone would appreciate them. I will have to think again. I like the image and the processing. Food for thought?


Do it for yourself; there's always the chance that you will open other eyes to possibilities they overlooked.

That's why those few magazines of the 50s and 60s were so valuable to photographers: they introduced so much that we thought new at the time.

But we were often mistaken. I once thought that fashion all began with Avedon, John French and the Trinity, but I was so very mistaken. Only the advent of Internet, coupled with an insatiable appetite for fashion images, revealed to me the magic of so many other people from the 20s onwards, people that the later magazines ignored or, as with myself, were ignorant about, and consequently neglected. Even if we sometimes had vague names in our minds, names we coldn't even spell properly, images were unavailable to lend then identity.

Rob C